PDA

View Full Version : Toner shortage

Custom Search

copyguy69
07-06-2022, 08:26 PM
Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this toner shortage and when it might be over.? Frustrating

copyguy69

femaster
07-06-2022, 08:32 PM
We haven't had too much trouble getting toner lately. I'd say things are starting to level off. There are a few select models and/or colors that still take a little while to get in, but things are definitely way better than they was 6 months ago. Speaking for toner bought direct from KM anyway.

techsxge
07-06-2022, 09:31 PM
Well currently its a bit odd.
Toner shortage was fine couple weeks ago, now i have issues getting Toner for certain models / series in one week, then the next week its available again but another toner isnt.
It starts to calm down tho and i am still stacked with like 150 toners on storage :)

emujo2
07-06-2022, 09:31 PM
We still have shipping, trucking, warehousing, and covid shutdowns affecting what gets brought into the country..There are just too many unknowns..Yes, things are looking better, but we're just one Shanghai Shutdown away from disaster all the time.

copyman
07-06-2022, 10:51 PM
We still have shipping, trucking, warehousing, and covid shutdowns affecting what gets brought into the country..There are just too many unknowns..Yes, things are looking better, but we're just one Shanghai Shutdown away from disaster all the time.

The things you mention may have something to do with the Kon-Min shortage but the real blame falls solely on Kon Min. Especially with their toners and fires at Japan factory last year. They screwed their customers & dealers for 8+ months! I've posted on this forum before, How the hell does an OEM have all the toners for the world in one location!!! The factory blows up and there are no toners for months with many having to use aftermarket. This was a big blow to Kon-Min and hurt them really bad, which it should have. Several of my customers as well as one Kon-Min Pro-Tech dealer I know switched to Canon.

Custom Search