PDA

View Full Version : Finisher FS-536 with saddle stitch sd-511

Custom Search

blazebusiness
07-07-2022, 11:03 PM
Konica C368 series copier. Customer complaining that they cannot do more than 23 center folded booklets for their church before it stops and forces them to empty the tray.
In addition, when printing from the computer they sometimes get an "error processing job" message after 5 pages and the copier stops in the middle of the job. The paper from that job is stooped inside and the stationary jams must then be cleared. I'm about to go out there to assist them tomorrow and was wondering if these symptoms bring any ideas to mind...................

Konica has published the following saddle stitch specs/ limitations:

Saddle Stitcher SD-511
Maximum number of sheets that can be center-stapled:
20 sheets
Stacking capacity:
Tri-Fold----
1 sheet: 30 copies / 2 to 3 sheets: 10 copies
Center Staple/Half-Fold-------
1 to 3 sheets: 20 copies
4 to 10 sheets: 10 copies
11 to 20 sheets: 5 copies

blackcat4866
07-08-2022, 01:51 AM
Many of these endusers try to exceed the machine specs ... in # of pages, in page weight, in # of pages staples. When it doesn't work I always go back to the specs: "It's designed to do up to this ... "

I seem to remember a very strange one on a bizhub C454e ... the IT guy ended up fielding the question, and requested assistance. He was reading it as a driver issue, but it turned out not to be. The weird part was that the machine DIDN'T jam. Here is the database record:

When printing 8 1/2" x 14" booklets requiring a cover, the finisher folds and ejects the center page, then ejects the remaining pages and cover to the elevator tray not folded or stapled. Pre-printed covers in tray #4 are mis-identified as 9" x 14", due to loose side tray guides, and cannot process a perceived 9" x 14" cover. Secure tray #4 side guides at 8 1/2".

=^..^=

rrrohan
07-08-2022, 03:49 AM
the output for saddle stitch has always been a complaint by customer that do a bulk run.

i normally just tell them to take the tray off and let them fall on floor

blazebusiness
07-08-2022, 04:27 AM
the output for saddle stitch has always been a complaint by customer that do a bulk run.

Yes, I've told customers that trick in the past also...............

mascan42
07-08-2022, 12:08 PM

Plenty of customers just have a cardboard box under the fold output area.

blackcat4866
07-08-2022, 05:04 PM
I've had a couple of customer get very creative, making a down-angled trough to catch the finished booklets.
=^..^=

Custom Search