PDA

View Full Version : C658 - Count Info

Custom Search

Kenny
07-08-2022, 10:54 AM
Hi guys,

one of our engineers has managed to wipe the count info, serial number etc... on a konica minolta c658! is there anyway to get that info back??

dont want to explain what he did just in case others would try to replicate it

Gift
07-08-2022, 11:02 AM
Probably not unless this happened during improper replacement handling with controller board / ssd board (like replacing everythign at the same time). We had cases with the xx4e series and data loss due to an empty battery - there was no chance to get the data back.

techsxge
07-08-2022, 11:04 AM
Hi guys,

one of our engineers has managed to wipe the count info, serial number etc... on a konica minolta c658! is there anyway to get that info back??

So there is nothing in Service mode under Counter -> Counter of Each Mode, Counter -> Maintenance, Counter -> Life, System 1 -> Serial Number? If you print a counter info sheet, can you see a serial number there? If so, you could get back installed i-option licenses via the license manager. I suppose your counter is lost tho.

Can you PM me what he did exactly so i can test it out? I have spare machines that wont print anymore and would like to see myself.

dirtyfingers
07-10-2022, 11:02 AM
Serial number can be entered in service mode
Total counters can not be changed or edited , but machine should still go

copyman
07-10-2022, 01:02 PM
It's very hard to lose all counters. Info is kept in 3 different places in copier.

What exactly did tech do to lose the counts? Not sure why you think it has to be kept secret, NO tech on this forum in their right mind would duplicate it. Most here are qualified techs and not stupid like the engineer that did this!

blackcat4866
07-10-2022, 02:07 PM
It's very hard to lose all counters. Info is kept in 3 different places in copier.

What exactly did tech do to lose the counts? Not sure why you think any tech on this forum in their right mind would duplicate it. Most here are qualified techs and not stupid like the engineer that did this!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: =^..^=

copier tech
07-11-2022, 07:52 AM
Hi guys,

If you could explain exactly what your tech did that will help us understand how to reverse the issue if possible.

I would start by fitting all boards replaced back to the device (if any) then re-enter the correct serial number.

emujo2
07-11-2022, 08:38 PM
maybe posting the way the counters were reset is not such a good idea..How many posts have been from low brow types asking how to reset the meters for their re sale equipment..Maybe just PM the person that helps you..E

Custom Search