PDA

View Full Version : C360i Colour mismatch

Custom Search

Kenny
07-15-2022, 08:58 AM
Hi guys,

got a konica minolta C360i that isnt printing colours correctly,

The purple border is coming out more pinkish and the grey borders around the images are coming out blueish rather than grey,

customer is printing from MAC OS BIG SUR.

tried adjusting various settings with colour and also calibrated machine but still cant get it right

53997 - how its coming out

techsxge
07-15-2022, 09:08 AM
tried adjusting various settings with colour and also calibrated machine but still cant get it right

What settings and what calibration did you try?

Kenny
07-15-2022, 09:17 AM
What settings and what calibration did you try?

tried changing the following:

600dpi - 1200dpi
document types from photo and document
pattern - coarse and fine
Image Compression - high compression/best quality

not the best with MAC's either

techsxge
07-15-2022, 09:19 AM
tried changing the following:

600dpi - 1200dpi
document types from photo and document
pattern - coarse and fine
Image Compression - high compression/best quality

not the best with MAC's either

Color is normal when printing Test Page from Machine? If yes, maybe update your driver or change it for another one.

Or you try to do Gradiation Adjustment in Service Mode

Kenny
07-15-2022, 09:30 AM
Color is normal when printing Test Page from Machine? If yes, maybe update your driver or change it for another one.

Or you try to do Gradiation Adjustment in Service Mode

the test page and halftones are spot on, as i say ive done the calibration on the machine is perfect, just sending this document it doesnt come out right :(

techsxge
07-15-2022, 09:37 AM
the test page and halftones are spot on, as i say ive done the calibration on the machine is perfect, just sending this document it doesnt come out right :(
Well this purely sounds like a driver issue then. Is the Driver confirmed to work with the OS version? Might be possible to use a generic driver too but i usually just try to convience the customer to throw apple out, it gives nothing but trouble in network use.

I'd try a different driver with up to date firmware combinations. If i cant get this to work i'd usually offer to install a print server running unix systems (Like a RaspberryPI) that handles all print jobs. Usually have one setup anyways

Kenny
07-15-2022, 09:48 AM
never mind the machine needs a fiery, tested the document on one of our fierys in the office and came out perfect!

thank you for your input

techsxge
07-15-2022, 09:55 AM
never mind the machine needs a fiery, tested the document on one of our fierys in the office and came out perfect!

thank you for your input
Well that was easy to fix then.

Your welcome.

romario
07-15-2022, 02:07 PM
Hi guys,

got a konica minolta C360i that isnt printing colours correctly,

The purple border is coming out more pinkish and the grey borders around the images are coming out blueish rather than grey,

customer is printing from MAC OS BIG SUR.

53997 - how its coming out

I have this constant problem with clients who buy an office machine for graphic arts, I had to take graphic arts and graphic design courses, apart from the fact that a machine with fiery processing of the file is better and the colors are handled differently, your machine without fiery is fine, what is failing is the client's file has many layers, for that reason on page number 1, on the right side the image comes out with a white background, sending that file again converting it into AI using the options in graphics better quality should come out very well, another recommendation transforming the file into JPG should come out well...

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAA ngNWGAAAA/0lEQVR4AYXNMSiEcRyA4cfmGHQbCZIipkuxnJgMStlMNmeyD2d wmc8 sZgxYJd9ErIZFHUyYYD7fkr6l4/rnvmtl7 KitrqV/fq2Y5eLY3Z9S48eRLe7BmVZ9qhTLhQ0algzZWQOVKSsCF8OjAn wbxDTWFDUhPK/jMr1H6HE/IqRky2DyvCefuwItwZzodVoYRiLqMkVCXrwpJ9twZ sgfDYEFYl8wIWxZ9uFf7zkallxlJh4YrLGsKjZRx7VGHhLqwgF UN45DGdb8MeXGpgB4ABZdeDcpZEY51A hyLKz4S1W4MQWm3AibWtgWmk6dyISa1pSdyWTOlLXVp0 eL9D/ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Hansoon
07-15-2022, 02:10 PM
Well that was easy to fix then.

But not a cheap one....

Hans

REGSIS
07-15-2022, 03:43 PM

thank you for your input

There is an option in acrobat for using native machine colors.

Also try to print with different pdf program.
I remember that I tried 3 different programs in linux, and only Acrobat gave identical colors.

If airprint driver gave bad results try KM PS driver instedad.

You should get "normal" printout withou Fiery!

techsxge
07-15-2022, 08:05 PM
But not a cheap one....

Hans
i still reckon to check drivers. also what romario said might apply, but sometimes clients can't do certain things for various reasons and then it is not an option.
If tech and client are fine with just replacing fiery, why not? You could still troubleshoot it further in your own four walls. That is what i do too depending on the customer

Gift
07-18-2022, 10:17 AM
I don't see much of a difference between the scan and original file on my monitor.
It looks like it has been printed on standard office paper and not on smoother color copy paper.

Some of the other image errors are probably due to a faulty file or using macOS "preview" tool instead of adobe acrobat reader.

Preview Tool = shit
Acrobat Reader = best choice for printing PDF files

Custom Search