PDA

View Full Version : poor printing on textured paper with a konica minolta bizhub c224e

Custom Search

kiki34420
07-17-2022, 02:31 PM
Hi there,
I have a problem with my Konica Minolta Bizhub c224e copier. in fact, unlike the previous model (Bizhub c350), prints on thick (250g) and slightly textured paper are of poor quality because the ink does not penetrate well to the bottom of the texture. As I do not have a maintenance contract with this machine which is a reconditioned machine like new, I cannot find the solution. I print using the multi-purpose tray and I choose thick paper 4. Despite this, the printing is of poor quality.
Anyone have a solution? I saw in the administrator menus of the machine that there was a setting for paper support (from -8 to +7). is this adjustment made to adjust the pressure of the rollers according to the thickness of the paper. In any case, it doesn't seem to change the quality of the prints much.
Thanks for your help.
Christian

techsxge
07-17-2022, 03:10 PM
Hi there,
I have a problem with my Konica Minolta Bizhub c224e copier. in fact, unlike the previous model (Bizhub c350), prints on thick (250g) and slightly textured paper are of poor quality because the ink does not penetrate well to the bottom of the texture. As I do not have a maintenance contract with this machine which is a reconditioned machine like new, I cannot find the solution. I print using the multi-purpose tray and I choose thick paper 4. Despite this, the printing is of poor quality.
Anyone have a solution? I saw in the administrator menus of the machine that there was a setting for paper support (from -8 to +7). is this adjustment made to adjust the pressure of the rollers according to the thickness of the paper. In any case, it doesn't seem to change the quality of the prints much.
Thanks for your help.
Christian
As long as it is only printing you should be able to set that up in the driver.
Are you a customer or a tech? Im kind of confused by the Question if it comes from a tech to be honest

What are the dimensions of the Paper? 250g sounds like a big boy

romario
07-17-2022, 04:29 PM
Hi there,
Thanks for your help.
Christian

date expired, the c224e is a very good copier that can work on special papers but is still an office machine, for jobs like the ones you need you have to buy or rent a digital press, from the bizhub c1060

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAA ngNWGAAAA/0lEQVR4AYXNMSiEcRyA4cfmGHQbCZIipkuxnJgMStlMNmeyD2d wmc8 sZgxYJd9ErIZFHUyYYD7fkr6l4/rnvmtl7 KitrqV/fq2Y5eLY3Z9S48eRLe7BmVZ9qhTLhQ0algzZWQOVKSsCF8OjAn wbxDTWFDUhPK/jMr1H6HE/IqRky2DyvCefuwItwZzodVoYRiLqMkVCXrwpJ9twZ sgfDYEFYl8wIWxZ9uFf7zkallxlJh4YrLGsKjZRx7VGHhLqwgF UN45DGdb8MeXGpgB4ABZdeDcpZEY51A hyLKz4S1W4MQWm3AibWtgWmk6dyISa1pSdyWTOlLXVp0 eL9D/ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

copyman
07-17-2022, 06:26 PM
Hi there,
Thanks for your help.
Christian

There is no adjustment for the pressure of fuser rollers. What you see in admin mode is probably for the temp. You can try increasing the temp +

I know in the service mode you can increase the temp for the individual paper settings. If you increase "thick 4" to max temp setting it may work for you.

The reason you were able to do it on the C350 is the C224 uses a toner with lower melting point making it more energy efficient with lower temp needed to fuse to paper.

Also keep in mind aftermarket toners can cause issues with fusing.

REGSIS
07-17-2022, 06:59 PM
Hi there,
Thanks for your help.
Christian

You can try to adjust 2nd transfer voltage if you're CE.
Textures on both sides aren't usually the same.
Try not to print on deeper side.

Custom Search