PDA

View Full Version : Konica bizhub C451 Firmware Error

Custom Search

bableprint@gmail.com
07-19-2022, 09:01 PM
Hi
I successfully create c451-firmware write on SanDisk 128Mb using Firmware Imaging Toolkit Vesion 2, the problem is when i put it on the c451-MFP it say "Error. This is invalid Card. Plase make sure the Card." Any Help?

JasonSBE
07-19-2022, 09:20 PM
Getting the CF cards set up properly is a massive pain in the butt. I'm sure someone else here knows more about it than I do but the starting question is what version of windows is on the PC which you are using the set up the card? You're going to want to be using Windows XP or possibly Windows 7. Anything newer than that is usually no good. Even if you use compatibility mode.

Synthohol
07-19-2022, 09:27 PM
Man I haven't dealt with that in a decade.
I used to use HxDen to write zeros to the drive first.
If the cf card ever had a windows format ever it won't work unless you totally flush the drive and write zeros with HxDen.
You may even need to use ftp to load the firmware if the cf card won't work even after cleaning it.
HxD - Freeware Hex Editor and Disk Editor | mh-nexus (https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/)

bableprint@gmail.com
07-19-2022, 10:10 PM
Getting the CF cards set up properly is a massive pain in the butt. I'm sure someone else here knows more about it than I do but the starting question is what version of windows is on the PC which you are using the set up the card? You're going to want to be using Windows XP or possibly Windows 7. Anything newer than that is usually no good. Even if you use compatibility mode.

I used both of XP and win with no seccess.

bableprint@gmail.com
07-19-2022, 10:12 PM
Man I haven't dealt with that in a decade.
I used to use HxDen to write zeros to the drive first.
If the cf card ever had a windows format ever it won't work unless you totally flush the drive and write zeros with HxDen.
You may even need to use ftp to load the firmware if the cf card won't work even after cleaning it.
HxD - Freeware Hex Editor and Disk Editor | mh-nexus (https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/)

Can you help me how to Write Zeros to the drive First with HxDen and what is Ftp to load?

Synthohol
07-19-2022, 10:33 PM
edit: added PDF

Problem
"Invalid card" message.

Solution
CAUSE: The CF card may have been accidentally or otherwise formatted for use with Microsoft® Windows, and it is no longer useful as a device for installing firmware to the MFP.

SOLUTION: There are 2 options for recovering a CF card. However, before attempting a recovery, confirm that the card is indeed the problem. Before begining a recovery procedure:

1. Download the firmware file again and verify that the same problem reoccurs.
2. Download the firmware file from another computer.

If the problem still exists, select the appropriate option below.

OPTION 1: Reformat using Windows

The CF card can be reformatted in Windows. After reformatting it, DO NOT permit Windows to open the card. Windows will change the drive size, and it will no longer be usable for installing firmware on MFPs.
IMPORTANT: This procedure does not apply to the CF card for the following models because the FAT16 file format is used: bizhub C200 or bizhub 200/250/350/222/282/362
These models do not recognize FAT32 or any other format.

OPTION 2: Recover the CF card to Factory Default - No OS, No Data

Use this option if Option 1 is not successful. For detailed step-by-step instructions, refer to the attached "Countermeasure for Formatted CF Card" document. This procedure uses a disk HEX editor (the attached HxDen.zip file) to remove the data that prevents the MFP from loading the firmware.
CAUTION: This firmware has been used successfully in the the field; however, if the procedure is not followed completely, damage can result in the CF card, which may also damage the MFP. SSD and KMBS have no responsibility for the use or misuse of the procedure and the software that it references.

Notes:
1. To open the HxDen.zip file, WinZip® should be installed. WinZip® can be downloaded from the WinZip® website (http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm). The file can either be saved to disk or opened. It is recommended to download the ZIP and open from the local computer to view.
2. To view a PDF, you may need to download a free copy of Adobe Reader®.

JasonSBE
07-20-2022, 12:04 AM
Can you help me how to Write Zeros to the drive First with HxDen and what is Ftp to load?

FTP to load is done in service mode using Internet ISW. You have to set up a FTP server and then put the information into the MFP to pull a .tar file that you generate from the firmware. It's an involved process. I used to do it on the C650/C353 systems when we still had them in service because never had any appropriate CF cards. If you have a good card you should probably see if the Gurus here can help you get it set up correctly before you explore that option.

bableprint@gmail.com
07-20-2022, 05:28 PM

Problem
"Invalid card" message.

Solution
CAUSE: The CF card may have been accidentally or otherwise formatted for use with Microsoft® Windows, and it is no longer useful as a device for installing firmware to the MFP.

SOLUTION: There are 2 options for recovering a CF card. However, before attempting a recovery, confirm that the card is indeed the problem. Before begining a recovery procedure:

The CF card can be reformatted in Windows. After reformatting it, DO NOT permit Windows to open the card. Windows will change the drive size, and it will no longer be usable for installing firmware on MFPs.
IMPORTANT: This procedure does not apply to the CF card for the following models because the FAT16 file format is used: bizhub C200 or bizhub 200/250/350/222/282/362

Use this option if Option 1 is not successful. For detailed step-by-step instructions, refer to the attached "Countermeasure for Formatted CF Card" document. This procedure uses a disk HEX editor (the attached HxDen.zip file) to remove the data that prevents the MFP from loading the firmware.
CAUTION: This firmware has been used successfully in the the field; however, if the procedure is not followed completely, damage can result in the CF card, which may also damage the MFP. SSD and KMBS have no responsibility for the use or misuse of the procedure and the software that it references.

Notes:
1. To open the HxDen.zip file, WinZip® should be installed. WinZip® can be downloaded from the WinZip® website (http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm). The file can either be saved to disk or opened. It is recommended to download the ZIP and open from the local computer to view.

Thank you Dear, I am working on it. I will let you know the result.

Albonline
07-20-2022, 08:14 PM
you can telnet into the copier, and use vxworks, embedded there. vxformat if i remember correctly. if you don't know how to telnet to copier, don't even ask.

bableprint@gmail.com
07-20-2022, 08:18 PM

I tried Countermeasure for formatted CF-cards very carefully and format it correctly but Still says Firmware Upade Error This is invalid Card. Any more thing to do Please?

bableprint@gmail.com
07-20-2022, 08:21 PM

I tried Countermeasure for formatted CF-cards very carefully and format it correctly but Still says Firmware Upade Error This is invalid Card. Any more thing to do Please?

bableprint@gmail.com
07-20-2022, 08:25 PM

Problem
"Invalid card" message.

Solution

Notes:

techsxge
07-20-2022, 09:39 PM

Problem
"Invalid card" message.

Solution

Notes:

This sounds to me as you could even use any modern windows and just format to FAT16 without registering a partition in windows

techsxge
07-20-2022, 09:40 PM
you can telnet into the copier, and use vxworks, embedded there. vxformat if i remember correctly. if you don't know how to telnet to copier, don't even ask.

I never thought about telnet into the machines but heck yeah that would work i'm going to do something tomorrow :D

Custom Search