PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 554e admin password

Custom Search

MHeon71
07-25-2022, 08:15 PM
I am not a Konica Minolta tech, but I am a tech. My company took a Bizhub 554e in as a lease return and I managed to do an overwrite to get rid of any information.
Now, when it reboots, it says to enter the encryption passcode or format the HDD. I tried getting into the administrator settings, but cannot. Tried clients password, the default password for the machine and other default passwords for Konica. Am I missing something? Is there something I can do to get this machine to pass paper?

Thank you for any help.

tsbservice
07-25-2022, 08:27 PM
Do logical format of HDD.

copier addict
07-25-2022, 08:40 PM
When you do a data clear the admin password resets to 1234567812345678

femaster
07-25-2022, 09:06 PM
I am not a Konica Minolta tech, but I am a tech. My company took a Bizhub 554e in as a lease return and I managed to do an overwrite to get rid of any information.
Now, when it reboots, it says to enter the encryption passcode or format the HDD. I tried getting into the administrator settings, but cannot. Tried clients password, the default password for the machine and other default passwords for Konica. Am I missing something? Is there something I can do to get this machine to pass paper?

Thank you for any help.

If you know how to get into service mode, you can change the admin password to whatever you want from within there. This way you can access the format option from within the admin screen. There is also a way to format the HDD from within service mode, but from my experience when you get the message to format or enter the encryption passcode right after booting, formatting from inside service mode usual won't clear that. You have to do it through the admin menu first.

tmmdmmm
07-26-2022, 03:54 AM
Do logical format of HDD.

If you overwrote it via Mode 1+, then this message is standard and you need to get into SM and Logical like tsb said. Regardless of how you overwrote it this is the likely solution anyway.
As someone else listed above, Mode 1 doesn't change the SM password. It'll be whatever you had it as prior

MHeon71
07-26-2022, 02:44 PM
Thank you, it worked. I did the 1-8 twice and format HDD in admin mode.

emujo2
07-26-2022, 04:03 PM
You are dealing with Bizhub Secure..This option locks the drive to the machine, encrypts and/or overwrites any data stored on it..It is meant to be difficult to remove without the password (20 character) used when enabled..You cannot remove this in admin mode. I believe the drive must be physically formated multiple times.. This keeps any sensitive data from being accessed.. I would hope you learn form this and check before you buy any more off lease machines, or require the dealer to disable the function. E

Custom Search