PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Scan to email bizhub224e

Custom Search

scanmc
08-02-2022, 05:40 PM
This customer was using gmail up until the 2 step authentication came into play and FW no longer allows this. Customer would prefer to continue to scan to email rather than a smb folder. Is there a free or low cost service that will still allow scan to email on older machines? I did see some of the threads mention smtp2go?

strider5555
08-02-2022, 05:51 PM
Update firmware to latest, then turn on 2 step verification on the gmail account and create an app password for the machine. More details in the link. https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/165884-microsoft-google-restrictions-scan-email.html?165884=#post2155262

scanmc
08-02-2022, 05:56 PM
Update firmware to latest, then turn on 2 step verification on the gmail account and create an app password for the machine. More details in the link. https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/165884-microsoft-google-restrictions-scan-email.html?165884=#post2155262

Thanks, But was told that nothing below the 8 series is capible of using gmail?

tsbservice
08-02-2022, 06:19 PM
Thanks, But was told that nothing below the 8 series is capible of using gmail?
Best scenario tell them to use dedicated email account from their provider(like: companyscanner@company name.com) for the machine - problem solved. 2FA should also work although I don't have 4 series machine to test but following strider5555 tutorial should be easy to be done.

emujo2
08-02-2022, 06:24 PM
I have 423s scanning with gmail/2FA..the C224e can do this as well. 2FA enabled, and the app password entered in the admin settings.. If SSL is on you may have an issue there..older SSL certs may be preventing some network protocols..If you are using the correct settings..SMTP.GMAIL.COM and port 465 I would think about turning off SSL, or creating a new stronger cert. Again assuming gateway/DNS are correct. E

scanmc
08-02-2022, 06:28 PM
Was told by Konica that the 4 & 4e series is no longer able to scan to gmail so that eliminates the apps password unless I'm being told incorrectly? This customer is very small (and cheap) and does not have there own domain email provider as they use gmail for everything.

scanmc
08-02-2022, 06:32 PM
I have 423s scanning with gmail/2FA..the C224e can do this as well. 2FA enabled, and the app password entered in the admin settings.. If SSL is on you may have an issue there..older SSL certs may be preventing some network protocols..If you are using the correct settings..SMTP.GMAIL.COM and port 465 I would think about turning off SSL, or creating a new stronger cert. Again assuming gateway/DNS are correct. E

Thanks for the info. I you are able to get the 2 step authentication to work on a 423 like you said it should work on a 224e

strider5555
08-02-2022, 06:44 PM
We have many 4e series machines out there, and have spent the past couple months updating gmail accounts with 2fa, and they all work, at least until Google and Microsoft change security requirements again. :)

scanmc
08-02-2022, 06:55 PM
We have many 4e series machines out there, and have spent the past couple months updating gmail accounts with 2fa, and they all work, at least until Google and Microsoft change security requirements again. :)

Perfect. This customer is 40+ miles from here and didn't want to spin my wheels onsite if it wasn't possible. I show the latest version of the FW as G20-M1 or is there something more current?

tsbservice
08-02-2022, 08:12 PM
Perfect. This customer is 40+ miles from here and didn't want to spin my wheels onsite if it wasn't possible. I show the latest version of the FW as G20-M1 or is there something more current?

TeamViewer/AnyDesk are environmental friendly:)

scanmc
08-02-2022, 08:21 PM
TeamViewer/AnyDesk are environmental friendly:)

Yes would normally do that but customer also needs a adf pickup & sep roller

tsbservice
08-02-2022, 09:03 PM
Yes would normally do that but customer also needs a adf pickup & sep roller

Then go for it. Easy peasy.

larweedad
08-02-2022, 09:26 PM
I have a costumer that has a 363. They got gmail working again also using the app password.

copytechman
08-02-2022, 09:47 PM
Was told by Konica that the 4 & 4e series is no longer able to scan to gmail so that eliminates the apps password unless I'm being told incorrectly? This customer is very small (and cheap) and does not have there own domain email provider as they use gmail for everything.

I’ve never had a problem with any of my 4 or 4e series using Gmail as long as the app password thing is setup properly. Had to reset the gmail password on occasion and recreate the app password but nothing more.

I use smtp.gmail.com and tls on 587 and it works on just about everything.

A.

emujo2
08-03-2022, 01:23 PM
Now that can be a problem..the older machines up to the 4 (non-e) do not support TLS 1.2. I would expect failures using this config. The older TLS versions are also affecting use of the web browser.. Older SSL versions killing the PSWC. E

scanmc
08-03-2022, 09:43 PM
Now that can be a problem..the older machines up to the 4 (non-e) do not support TLS 1.2. I would expect failures using this config. The older TLS versions are also affecting use of the web browser.. Older SSL versions killing the PSWC. E

Well no issues on upgrading the 4e machine. Don't know why Konica support would tell me nothing below thge 8 series would work on google 2fa.

Walterj
08-04-2022, 08:10 AM
This customer was using gmail up until the 2 step authentication came into play and FW no longer allows this. Customer would prefer to continue to scan to email rather than a smb folder. Is there a free or low cost service that will still allow scan to email on older machines? I did see some of the threads mention smtp2go?

Hello
Good day
I tell you that is the information that Google gave, that is why that server can no longer be used because the less secure apps were automatically disabled.
The other option is that you have your own mail server, and the truth is that it is not expensive. Another option would be to hang from some other server, be it outlook, yahoo or another that is free.

Starting May 30, 2022, Google will no longer allow third-party apps or devices that require you to access your Google Account using only your username and password to protect your account.

Important: This deadline does not apply to Google Workspace or Google Cloud Identity customers. The application date for these clients will be announced later on the Workspace blog.

Luck

Kenny
08-04-2022, 08:47 AM
i have a customer with a C454e that randomly stopped working the other day. Used the below procedure and got it working!

https://kmbscore.service-now.com/kb?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0010456&sys_kb_id=05fe8db91bb019104438fc03cc4bcbfd&spa=1

Custom Search