PDA

View Full Version : C224e

Custom Search

copyman
08-04-2022, 07:24 PM
Think I've read something about this on forum before but cannot find anything. Customer called and said they had power outage and now copier is locked up. I had them do a trouble reset over the phone, unplug power cord and wait an hour before turning back on. Got the machine to come to ready and blue print light but nothing happens. Lift adf and place original on glass and exp lamp lights but does not scan when print button pressed. Also menu button not working to get into service mode to see if any codes.

Haven't personally looked at machine yet, going there tomorrow and was going to try firmware or reset firmware first. Then maybe the MFP board?

Any other ideas appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Synthohol
08-04-2022, 10:15 PM
reboot holding down the power button to enter self diagnostic mode.
see what it says when done.

techsxge
08-05-2022, 11:41 PM
I've found this in the ALL SOLUTIONS File:

Fabian's cloud (https://cloud.sxge.tech/index.php/s/gcKgPsS3cmwMq6E)

copyman
08-06-2022, 02:11 PM
It turned out to be a bad MFP board caused by a power outage - surge

Hansoon
08-06-2022, 02:31 PM
It turned out to be a bad MFP board caused by a power outage - surge

Oh boy, I hope you have a spare.

Hans

techsxge
08-06-2022, 05:24 PM
shiii that sucks

copyman
08-06-2022, 10:29 PM
Oh boy, I hope you have a spare.

Hans

I had a parts machine with a good MFP. I brought it with me just in case. After trying firmware first, then trying firmware reset tool and still not working I swapped out MFP using their SSD. At that point machine kept re-starting so put the parts machine SSD on MFP, started with reset firmware and worked! What is weird is you aren't suppose to swap both MFP & SSD at same time but it worked! This was a new account so didn't know what their meters were but pretty sure it carried over the parts machine meters with the SSD. Bottom line is I was so close to pronouncing the machine dead but it came back to life and working great! Gotta love those "4" series.....

Custom Search