PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-284e, no Page Scope web interface

Custom Search

Hansoon
08-04-2022, 08:17 PM
BH-C-284e, no network printing, no network scanning and no Page Scope web interface.

Customer informed me today that there is no printing and no scanning through the network with his machine. Calling up the Page Scope web interface by entering the IP-Adress in his browser does not work with any browser, Mozilla, Chrome nor Edge.

Customer could ping the machine with my remote instructions but no web interface coming up. All non network functions of the machine are normal, first thing when I go there tomorrow is rewriting the firmware. Any other ideas please?

Hans

davidmtupper
08-04-2022, 08:28 PM
My first 2 steps for those symptoms are a hard reset of the copier, (shut down, remove power, turn on with it unplugged to discharge caps, then turn on as usual) then connect directly with my laptop and a known good cable to eliminate any issues with their network. If this still fails the ethernet port may have failed/be failing. Is their network connected through a surge suppressor? If not it should be. Minor electrical damage can cause some funky issues that can be a little hard to diagnose sometimes.

allan
08-04-2022, 09:00 PM
My first 2 steps for those symptoms are a hard reset of the copier, (shut down, remove power, turn on with it unplugged to discharge caps, then turn on as usual) then connect directly with my laptop and a known good cable to eliminate any issues with their network. If this still fails the ethernet port may have failed/be failing. Is their network connected through a surge suppressor? If not it should be. Minor electrical damage can cause some funky issues that can be a little hard to diagnose sometimes.

First thing that comes to mind is a possible IP conflict.
I kind of agree on initializing the network settings if its called for. Could be as simple as HTTP being disabled.
Have seen the network surge protectors causing this kind of issue but unlikely.

davidmtupper
08-04-2022, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't change any settings, just adjust your laptop to match their network settings, assuming they're not using DHCP. This way you can see if their network is the issue. If you can connect then check for IP conflict from one of their PCs by pinging the IP with it still off their network, response means they need to find the culprit, unless you are their IT it's their problem at that point.

emujo2
08-05-2022, 05:42 PM
This is a really old machine..they are susceptible to NVRAM battery failures, they no longer conform to todays protocols (maybe with latest f/w you may overcome a few of these, and the NIC is "protected" by caps that can blow when hit by a surge..Before you get too deep take a look at the cont panel for TPM chip, enter S/N messages, Ping with the network cable unplugged (hopefully no response), then connect to it directly with you laptop..ensure connection and data lights are flashing..In admin/network/TCP/IP you can turn off the network features, cycle power, turn them back on and cycle power again..this is a hard network reset (similar to what is available using the PSWC reset. You are gonna needs boards if you see any of the above messages, or 0.0.0.0 IP info..run away if you can. E

Albonline
08-05-2022, 05:56 PM
+1 on the battery thing. have user check its ip

techsxge
08-05-2022, 11:30 PM
Having no Page Scope Web Interface is normal on this machine if a certain Network Card is installed. If the Machine is build in around 2013-2014, the network card is missing "something" (KM / OLI Tech would not explain what it is exactly).
I made multiple Support Requests about this already and think i also made a help request here at some point.

Other Network Operations should work though.
What you could try is enabling the remote control function if you want to have access to the machines display like you are standing in front of it but remotely.

My usual procedure to calls like this is as following:
Ask the Customer to:
1. Turn off the machine and keep it OFF THE POWER GRID (Disconnect the Powerline) for around 10-15 Minutes. This allows the temporary Memory to be deleted fully. I solve around 40% of my daily calls this way. Machine can just hang on itself sometimes.
2. Explain to the Customer how to do a Trouble Reset (If Step 1 did not work, this solves another 5-10% of my calls). Make sure to reboot the machine.

If you are on Site tomorrow:
1. Is it reachable via local Network when directly plugged in to a laptop? If so, Customer has changed his firewall settings or maybe got a new router or switch?
2. Is the HTTP Setting enabled?

If nothing of that works, i agree with emujo2: RUN WHILE YOU CAN (Or try and check what he suggests, but i'd run :D)

Gaffers01
08-08-2022, 04:53 PM
I Presume this is now fixed?
But for anyone else that has this issue first thing to do is download Opera Browser and see if you can then see the Pagescope interface.
As someone else said it is an old machine so it has old security setting, once you can see the Pagescope interface create a self signed certificate and you should be able to see it through the other browsers.

emujo2
08-08-2022, 05:33 PM
The issue here is if the SSL cert capable of meeting the high security requirements..You can always go into a non SSL device and create a cert, it's when that new cert is not accepted. That's when the issue begins..E

rrrohan
08-09-2022, 04:01 AM
normally ARP will detect IP conflicts but easy way to check is see if ping replies when copier is off

Custom Search