PDA

View Full Version : C253 dropping off network

Custom Search

pepper38_cnd
01-19-2009, 10:42 PM
I have a C253 That has authentication enabled, a biometric device, a single line fax that is set up to forward to a file SMB. Everything works fine until the machine goes into low power or sleep mode. If in low power or sleep mode it receives a fax, the machine locks out the network, and no further printing or scanning or browser access can be done without a complete restart. You can still ping it while it is in this condition. I have ruled out network issues, this actually happens even if the net cable is not plugged in. I had them stop fax forwarding, and the next day a print job woke up the machine but the first attempt a scan to Email locked up the machine. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

pepper38_cnd
01-24-2009, 02:05 PM
We pulled the Bio-metric devices off these machines as these where the first of this type for us to equip with bio-metrics. This seems to have solved the problem. The customer would still like to have the Bio-metrics in use. If any-one has this model equipped with bio-metrics and fully networked ie: scan print fax forward ect.. and not having problems. If you could share your configuration with me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

kmcopier
01-24-2009, 02:54 PM
There is special firmware for this R5 in combination with AU101

pepper38_cnd
01-24-2009, 07:04 PM
I have R5 in the machine now.

kmcopier
01-24-2009, 08:17 PM
I mean an special based on R5

pepper38_cnd
01-24-2009, 10:23 PM
GX2 R5 is the only special firmware I see after R5 Base and the release notes say nothing about my issue, but yes I tried it, I also tried RF which has not yet been released but the notes refer to a number of network related issues Tech support made it available to me, with a special note that it was not release and tested. It did not work at all, I guess it's always best to wait for the official release. Thanks for your help.

Custom Search