PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Diagonal Yellow Stripes C554e

Custom Search

dxoliveira
08-06-2022, 02:05 AM
Good Night to all of you,

I am having a problem with diagonal darker lines on yellow, the problem is more visible at medium and lower density. If i print orange for example, the print have this yellow lines appearing.

The machine was working and then became the first problem (see first pic), the problem was solved after changed the Developer Unit, and Image Unit was changed too as a precaution. After that the problem with the darker diagonal yellow stripe become (see pic 2 for the side of stripes and pic 3 for a better view of the problem).

I cleaned the glass, changed the toner, changed yellow density, cleaned the idc sensors and adjust tcr (was 1% above the recommended), stabilization and gradation.

Just to clarify, i live in a third world country and the parts are not OEM. They are hard to find here and a developing unit for example costs 1.5x our montlhy wage. I know that i am wrong to not use OEM parts but i dont have how to use them at this moment. If any of you can help me, i will be gratefull.

Sorry if i had any language error and thanks for your time!

copyman
08-06-2022, 02:56 AM
Good Night to all of you,

I am having a problem with diagonal darker lines on yellow, the problem is more visible at medium and lower density. If i print orange for example, the print have this yellow lines appearing.

The machine was working and then became the first problem (see first pic), the problem was solved after changed the Developer Unit, and Image Unit was changed too as a precaution. After that the problem with the darker diagonal yellow stripe become (see pic 2 for the side of stripes and pic 3 for a better view of the problem).

I cleaned the glass, changed the toner, changed yellow density, cleaned the idc sensors and adjust tcr (was 1% above the recommended), stabilization and gradation.

Just to clarify, i live in a third world country and the parts are not OEM. They are hard to find here and a developing unit for example costs 1.5x our montlhy wage. I know that i am wrong to not use OEM parts but i dont have how to use them at this moment. If any of you can help me, i will be gratefull.

Sorry if i had any language error and thanks for your time!

Let me first say that you explained the issue better than most that speak English! You provided all necessary information & photos!

Now for the issue, unfortunately it does look like the quality issues are caused by drum, developer, toner or combination of all 3. It is very hard to troubleshoot with that many aftermarket supplies. I've had good results with aftermarket drums so i would look more to the developer or toner. If other colors are ok you can swap drums to see if issue follows to new color. That would eliminate drum being issue.

For your information, you can buy much less expensive GENUINE black developer units and change to color. Search this forum for procedure.

Best of luck!

dxoliveira
08-06-2022, 03:57 AM
Thanks for your reply!

The other colors are working ok, so i changed the cyan with the yellow and the problem persists. So i decided to verify the developing unit again and for my surprise the new developing unit are with empry parts on the mag roller (i attached a new picture to demonstrate). Can you please give some direction of what it could be?

PS: I really appreciate your tip about the black unit, i will verify here how to.

Synthohol
08-06-2022, 04:11 AM
the developer bushings may be leaking.
if you stick a magnet in the waste toner is it filled with DV?
just a possibility.

dxoliveira
08-06-2022, 04:47 AM
Thanks for your help!

In fact, the residual toner is being highly attracted to the magnet. The thing is that this printer doesn't appear to have the same bushings. Maybe because the parts are not OEM.

Synthohol
08-06-2022, 04:49 AM
aaahhh sugar honey iced tea.
saw the DV unit pic and didnt take into account the 554ness.
sorry.
it does have them, part# 18 or 30 in the fru box
could be HV related?
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/54250d1659758106-diagonal-yellow-stripes-c554e-cap-jpg

dxoliveira
08-06-2022, 06:01 AM
I need to confess that my noob level cannot permit me to find the piece based on these scheme, but i will look better to find, i really appreciate the data.

I have a new information of what i call a strange behavior of the developer unit: If i turn the gear with my hands, in a little time it is possible to see the start of fail points. If i make the same but with the developer unit head down, no failures. It is possible that some internal gear or mechanism that delivers the powder to the magnet roller are failing due to the "pressure of gravity", maybe are stucked or need some oil. Do it makes any sense?

I will try to make a video for a better understanding of the problem.

dxoliveira
08-06-2022, 08:46 AM
[SOLVED] Because i need the machine to do some work, i put the older developer unit with the new developer and it is all good. I will wait for the warranty to verify the other developer unit, but for now i can come back to work rs.

Thanks for all the help and if i can be of some help just tell me. Have a nice weekend all of you!

copyman
08-08-2022, 04:03 AM
The reason developer gets depleted is from over life consumables, usually drums shorting out. Can also be over life trans belt but very rare. Usually when I find a dev unit is depleted of developer I replace that drum, add aftermarket developer powder to dev unit, then add toner in service mode until I get a good dev level reading under "state confirmation". Run 25 half tones to make sure it doesn't code out and adds toner to maintain proper dev level. This usually happens to cyan but as in your case can be any color.

Keep in mind, if you don't correct the original issue developer will dump again!

dxoliveira
08-09-2022, 03:24 AM
Thanks for that new information.

Can i replace just the drums or it is recommended to replace the image unit completely?

Lync
08-09-2022, 06:40 AM
The auger under the toner hopper may be jammed up with toner. Shine a torch through this part circled in image at the end of the auger to see if you can see yellow in it. It may mean the fabric washer (no17 in the image) is damaged and toner is getting past it. This stops the auger turning correctly so not letting toner through to the developer unit. If this is the cause it will drain the next developer you put in it too.

copyman
08-09-2022, 12:38 PM
Thanks for that new information.

Can i replace just the drums or it is recommended to replace the image unit completely?

This model doesn't use Image units. The drums and developer are separate. Much less expensive than having to buy complete image units!

Custom Search