PDA

View Full Version : bizhub pro c6000 black lines

Custom Search

tmw
08-08-2022, 03:12 PM
I wrote about this machine having a magenta developer code a few days ago. The customer bought developer and got past that code. Now I have to figure out where black lines are coming from. I'm disadvantaged by not knowing the true history of the machine but I can guess. He said there were three new drums recently put in. Doesn't know if the count was reset but there are three drums under 500 in the log. The surface of the black drum looks shiny without wear. I cleaned the blade and completely vacuumed it out. No change. I swapped it with other drums, but the lines remain. It's always fine lines with a repeating pattern over one side of the page edge to edge, no margins. If you roll the paper to match up the repeats, it's about the size of the drum so I can't tell where else it would come from. It was suggested to swap developers to see if it would follow that but I would only get a c2424 error. This machine is from 2012.

Gaffers01
08-08-2022, 04:38 PM
Samples would help!

tmw
08-09-2022, 04:51 PM
I don't have samples and I wouldn't know how to post them. It's a per call so we won't be making multiple visits. Suffice it to say, they are fine lines on the rear edge of the page. It has the appearance of the blade not cleaning properly or surface wear on the drum. Neither of which are true. Swapping the drums around didn't change anything. The machine wouldn't allow me to swap developers without a code (c2424). Is there any other part of the machine that could keep continuing to add black lines to the paper that is not the drum. Transfer belt for some reason ? Just the black, no other colors. Is this a lost cause ?

Markks
08-11-2022, 02:34 AM
What does the fuser belt and transfer belt look like. Try stopping the paper before it gets to fuser and see if lines are on page

tmw
08-11-2022, 03:56 PM
I'm willing to believe the transfer belt may be at fault. It has a high count and there are pimples in the belt causing a mark. I just wonder can they generate lines in just one color no matter what drum is used ? They aren't the type of lines a fuser would make, and again, one color only. I don't want to put it on anyone to solve this for me. I just wonder if I'm barking up the right tree since I'm not familiar with this model at all. I don't want to order something he can't use.

Albonline
08-11-2022, 04:21 PM
I'm willing to believe the transfer belt may be at fault. It has a high count and there are pimples in the belt causing a mark. I just wonder can they generate lines in just one color no matter what drum is used ? They aren't the type of lines a fuser would make, and again, one color only. I don't want to put it on anyone to solve this for me. I just wonder if I'm barking up the right tree since I'm not familiar with this model at all. I don't want to order something he can't use.

I'm not. did you look at the lines magnified? pixels or smear? I don't remember if the black write unit is different from the color on this oldy. if not swap it with another one. if so block the light path from it to the drum .

Custom Search