PDA

View Full Version : upgrade path from 958

Custom Search

rrrohan
08-09-2022, 02:32 PM
So i got a interesting situation where I am replacing a clients 958 with about 3.5 million. I think this is the first time where the new copier is just the exact same model. Whats the update to a 958 short of entering production grade?

emujo2
08-09-2022, 03:12 PM
There is no successor to the 958 yet (at least in the US). E

allan
08-09-2022, 06:09 PM
The sales reps try to go to the 750i and it sucks in comparison using a small diameter drum and an expensive fuser that struggles to make yield. Here by us technical gets the last say and sticking to the 958 is the right move. Only other possibility would be the B6120, but that is an overkill with a 40Mil plus engine life.

rrrohan
08-10-2022, 09:27 AM
The sales reps try to go to the 750i and it sucks in comparison using a small diameter drum and an expensive fuser that struggles to make yield. Here by us technical gets the last say and sticking to the 958 is the right move. Only other possibility would be the B6120, but that is an overkill with a 40Mil plus engine life.

yeah one school when from 758 to C750i and the heavy stock they print certificates on is doing a number on the Fuser.

so im guessing a 958 successor is still more than a year away and I should just put in another one

Gift
08-10-2022, 02:23 PM
Consider yourself happy if you can still order this machine - I was told this print engine is kind of "discontinued" and won't be revived. Like the color version of this engine (C758) the successor is probably based on the "office printing quality" i-series engine. Seems KM isn't interested producing this segment anymore wich was kind of a hybrid between "office" and "production printing". I can imagine the sales numbers went downhill during the last years.

Custom Search