PDA

View Full Version : SMTP2GO problems scanning to email with Verified Senders

Custom Search

adecanmin
08-11-2022, 05:59 AM
Gentlemen
As the title states. I have an old account that works fine for now. I tried setting a new one today. I followed the instructions to verify the the domain. It is now verified but I can't get it to scan from my Konica Minolta c3850. It errors out. I'll have to set up one of my other machines to read the trouble code. If I put my old credentials in it sends fine. From what I've read they will eventually require the old accounts to be verified. So all the customers I've set up with their domain will have to be verified or they won't work. A nightmare down the road.
Anybody else having issues with getting scan to email to work?
Thanks.

rrrohan
08-11-2022, 08:35 AM

I always use port 2525 as some customers block port 25

Try no encryption to rule out TLS version issues

Also do a mx lookup on domain, a lot have open relay qnd dont even know it

bsm2
08-11-2022, 09:38 AM
Always use the customers email smtp for this very reason if there is a change like Google made its all billable back to the customer, if you setup sum third party email you have to eat all the cost to fix it.

rrrohan
08-11-2022, 10:11 AM
companies that dont have IT and think it copier guys job to setup SMTP scanning are the worst. sometimes its honestly just easier to set them up on SMTP2Go and telling them to set it as not SPAM than it isnt arguing with them

SalesServiceGuy
08-11-2022, 02:48 PM
companies that dont have IT and think it copier guys job to setup SMTP scanning are the worst. sometimes its honestly just easier to set them up on SMTP2Go and telling them to set it as not SPAM than it isnt arguing with them

... the majority of my customers think it is the copier technicians job to setup scan to email with almost no input from themselves.

I pay $10.00 USD a month to send up to 10k emails per month to use SMTP2Go and I am pleased with the results. Only 3.2% of the emails are bouncing back and only 0.4% of emails are spam. Both metrics are considered good.

techsxge
08-11-2022, 02:54 PM
... the majority of my customers think it is the copier technicians job to setup scan to email with almost no input from themselves.

I pay $10.00 USD a month to send up to 10k emails per month to use SMTP2Go and I am pleased with the results. Only 3.2% of the emails are bouncing back and only 0.4% of emails are spam. Both metrics are considered good.

60% of the customers i service are also our IT clinets. I do both MFP and IT at most customers.
most Customer either have a spare Email Account at their provide we use for the machine(s) or my company provides them with one. In most cases though every single worker at the customer has their own work email address that they want to scan to.

SalesServiceGuy
08-11-2022, 02:59 PM
Gentlemen
As the title states. I have an old account that works fine for now. I tried setting a new one today. I followed the instructions to verify the the domain. It is now verified but I can't get it to scan from my Konica Minolta c3850. It errors out. I'll have to set up one of my other machines to read the trouble code. If I put my old credentials in it sends fine. From what I've read they will eventually require the old accounts to be verified. So all the customers I've set up with their domain will have to be verified or they won't work. A nightmare down the road.
Anybody else having issues with getting scan to email to work?
Thanks.

Are you using a free SMTP2Go account or are you paying to use this service?

Free accounts are limited to 1,000 emails sent per month.

adecanmin
08-12-2022, 12:52 AM

Have you had to verify the setup? SMTP2GO has required verified senders since early May.

SalesServiceGuy
08-12-2022, 02:25 AM
Have you had to verify the setup? SMTP2GO has required verified senders since early May.

... only for my verified primary account. The From address can be anything. A benefit of a paid account.

adecanmin
08-12-2022, 01:08 PM
... only for my verified primary account. The From address can be anything. A benefit of a paid account.
OK

Custom Search