PDA

View Full Version : For BH-C-284e, DF-624 or DF-701?

Custom Search

Hansoon
08-11-2022, 09:44 AM
Can get from a wholesaler several fine BH-C-284e for a good price, equipped with DF-701. Since I recall that there were in the past a lot of problems with those DF-701's I would like to know if I should ask the seller to exchange them against standard DF-624 ADF's from other machines which he is willing to do.

What's your opinion, please?

Hans

allan
08-11-2022, 10:44 AM
Can get from a wholesaler several fine BH-C-284e for a good price, equipped with DF-701. Since I recall that there were in the past a lot of problems with those DF-701's I would like to know if I should ask the seller to exchange them against standard DF-624 ADF's from other machines which he is willing to do.

Hans

Would it make it easier to sell them? On second hand equipment I remove everything that can go wrong. Dual scan boards can cause trouble and the cable that went to the CIS also had some issues. Its a strange arrangement to have that option on it. Unless it was for a company that got them for the purpose of scanning more than printing. In that case the ADF's could have a lot of use on them.

There is some risk in the replacement of the ADF's if not done with care.

copyman
08-11-2022, 01:12 PM

Hans

I have not had any issues with the DF-701. Maybe one interface board went bad. I still have around 75 "4" series in the field and at least 30 have the DF701 working well. I say buy them with the DF-701. It's a great selling point especially for customers who are going to scan a lot.

Albonline
08-11-2022, 02:33 PM

Hans

701's scan a much heavier 2sided original, not having to flip them. generally stouter than the 624s

3ktlc
08-12-2022, 01:19 PM
All of my DF-701's in the field have been great. Prefer them over the RADF's.

femaster
08-16-2022, 03:17 AM
Of the 90+ DF-701's we have out in the field, we only ever had problems with 3 of them. They were early release models, and had issues with the cable that ran from the Dual-Scan board to the second side scanner in the ADF. Those cables were replaced with no issues since. Have never had an issues with the actual Dual-Scan boards or the scan assembly in the ADF.

Custom Search