PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to adjust how firmly a door closes on an 8 series machine?

Custom Search

JasonSBE
08-11-2022, 08:10 PM
I've got a Bizhub C658 that jams in the second cassette on every page. It's not registering that the paper is picked up. If I press the door closed firmly, it prints without issue. I've changed the sensor at the take up section, but it did not fix the issue. I know there are adjustment lines for leveling the door, but I wasn't sure if there was any adjustment for how tight the door holds shut. This was a machine we got pre-owned and it looks like it had a large capacity cassette on the side of the machine before we purchased it(sticker below the bypass is removed and some of the cutouts on the bottom cassette support this hypothesis), and as best as I can tell having that mounted to the side must have warped the door a little bit to the point that now it can't print from tray 2.

D_L_P
08-11-2022, 09:10 PM
I regularly superglued plastic shims to the latch. Not on the door but where it latches near the frame. I'd cut rectangles from old covers. They were about the perfect thickness.

Synthohol
08-11-2022, 10:54 PM
I regularly superglued plastic shims to the latch. Not on the door but where it latches near the frame. I'd cut rectangles from old covers. They were about the perfect thickness.
i used to carry CD cases to break off plastic to either shim or use as crack repair reinforcement "plastic solder"

JasonSBE
08-11-2022, 10:56 PM

Thank you, I'm going to try that tomorrow

copyman
08-11-2022, 11:15 PM
Will this work on the "4" series as well? Can someone post a pic of exactly where to glue the shims?

Thanks

tmmdmmm
08-12-2022, 01:23 AM

Kind of similar, I always put washers behind the plastic piece on the door that houses the idle rollers. Would always solve my T2 jams without changing how the door itself latches

Kenny
08-12-2022, 10:34 AM
Will this work on the "4" series as well? Can someone post a pic of exactly where to glue the shims?

Thanks

We put clear (snipped off) guides on part (6) - A161160403 Cover

copyman
08-12-2022, 12:06 PM
Kind of similar, I always put washers behind the plastic piece on the door that houses the idle rollers. Would always solve my T2 jams without changing how the door itself latches

There is a bulletin for using the washers. See attached

emujo2
08-12-2022, 05:27 PM
Are you saying the front door is causing the jams??I would have guessed from your description that you are referring to the side door..In every case where we have had to take one of these off, re aligning them to shut correctly was a bear. Either jams or skew..E

copyman
08-12-2022, 07:04 PM
Are you saying the front door is causing the jams??I would have guessed from your description that you are referring to the side door..In every case where we have had to take one of these off, re aligning them to shut correctly was a bear. Either jams or skew..E

These posts all pertain to the right side door that you would open to remove trans belt, fuser unit, paper feed unit, etc.

tech51
08-12-2022, 09:21 PM
What’s the jam code and where does the paper actually stop?
Also what’s the print count?

tmmdmmm
08-13-2022, 05:09 AM
There is a bulletin for using the washers. See attached

I don't believe this was a official bulletin, nor was one ever released, but there might as well be. Its worked so well as a quick and permanent fix all the way up to the 658s, although the "correct" solution is replacing the gray conveyance roller with the updated ribbed version and replacing the springs behind the white idle rollers. There's a bulletin for the latter

copyman
08-13-2022, 06:00 AM
I don't believe this was a official bulletin, nor was one ever released, but there might as well be. Its worked so well as a quick and permanent fix all the way up to the 658s, although the "correct" solution is replacing the gray conveyance roller with the updated ribbed version and replacing the springs behind the white idle rollers. There's a bulletin for the latter

The "bulletin" I attached in prior email was copied from Kon/Min dealer website. Perhaps it doesn't have a bulletin # but is definitely a "solution" directly from Kon/Min.

The bulletin with springs you refer to is attached to this email.

allan
08-13-2022, 06:45 AM
i used to carry CD cases to break off plastic to either shim or use as crack repair reinforcement "plastic solder"

I use the cover from the back that covers the PC connector for that:rolleyes:. Cut squares an glue them on the inside of the machine side catches works like a charm for those 2002 and 9901...

Konicatech
08-15-2022, 10:11 AM
Have had this issue countless times and its always been remedied by following the steps in the bulletin above, just get some washers stick them on with either glue or tape and then put it back together.

It will put more pressure on the rollers, meaning it wont jam anymore.

JasonSBE
08-19-2022, 06:28 PM
Thanks for all the solid tips on this issue. I tried the washer method and it didn't work. Adjusting the hinges and then shimming the latch points did the trick.

copyman
08-19-2022, 09:27 PM
Thanks for all the solid tips on this issue. I tried the washer method and it didn't work. Adjusting the hinges and then shimming the latch points did the trick.

Thanks for the follow up.

Actually the washer fix may be for the "4" series only. I only posted the bulletin with the washers because someone mentioned it.

Custom Search