PDA

View Full Version : Biz 4 series & scan to Gmail

Custom Search

copyman
08-15-2022, 06:04 PM
I've received several calls from my customers with 4 series that they can't scan to email all of a sudden. My IT guy says he thinks there are some issues with security that changed recently? Also a few customers he said he can't even see the settings.

I know there have been some discussions on this forum but I couldn't find them. Saw some older bulletins from Kon-Min about scan to gmail, that it is supported in these old machines, etc.

Some of these machines are in small offices and haven't been there in a long time so not sure if firmware is old, would this matter since they were scanning with no issues up until last week?

Will the firmware that came out this year help. Last firmware before this new F/W was M1 from like 2017.

Any suggestions I can forward to my IT guy greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

copier tech
08-15-2022, 06:30 PM
I've received several calls from my customers with 4 series that they can't scan to email all of a sudden. My IT guy says he thinks there are some issues with security that changed recently? Also a few customers he said he can't even see the settings.

I know there have been some discussions on this forum but I couldn't find them. Saw some older bulletins from Kon-Min about scan to gmail, that it is supported in these old machines, etc.

Some of these machines are in small offices and haven't been there in a long time so not sure if firmware is old, would this matter since they were scanning with no issues up until last week?

Will the firmware that came out this year help. Last firmware before this new F/W was M1 from like 2017.

Any suggestions I can forward to my IT guy greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

As you say there have been dozen & dozens of posts on this topic.

But the simple answer is you need to turn on 2 step authentication.

I assume your devices are the 4e series ?

You may also need to update the firmware.

Have a read up from this link.

Turn on 2-Step Verification - Android - Google Account Help (https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid)

scanmc
08-15-2022, 07:31 PM
As you say there have been dozen & dozens of posts on this topic.

But the simple answer is you need to turn on 2 step authentication.

I assume your devices are the 4e series ?

You may also need to update the firmware.

Have a read up from this link.

Turn on 2-Step Verification - Android - Google Account Help (https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid)

I posted this a week or so ago. https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/167758-scan-email-bizhub224e.html?167758=#post2183986 I called Konica and they told me that nothing below the 8 series was capable of using the 2FA authentication. After several replies from from other techs I had no issue setting up this on a 4e series so I'm not sure if the Konica tech misunderstood and was thinking just the straight up 4 series. And yes the machine had the M1 version FW

copyman
08-15-2022, 09:46 PM
Thanks for replies. What if NON-E models? Will these work if Version Up firmware is used?

Also wanted to add one of my customers with 224e B&W lost their scanning. Do I just update to latest FW from 2-22? Don't see "UP Version" procedure like the color models

Thanks again

tsbservice
08-15-2022, 09:59 PM
Thanks for replies. What if NON-E models? Will these work if Version Up firmware is used?

Never converter ours are all 4e version but after version up firmware they should be ok I think.

copier tech
08-16-2022, 07:11 AM

Also wanted to add one of my customers with 224e B&W lost their scanning. Do I just update to latest FW from 2-22? Don't see "UP Version" procedure like the color models

Thanks again

Yes update your non 'e' models to the latest firmware (currently GDR-M1.)

And for your non 'e' use the version up firmware.

rkamvsjj
08-16-2022, 09:33 PM
Use the App Password in the security section. works fine .

copyman
08-17-2022, 03:31 AM

Thanks for the tech info sheets, few questions, It says to install GBF-M0 from 2017. There is a newer up version GR4-M0 from 2021. Should I still use the older GBF-M0 F/W as in the tech info along with GB4-A9? All these FW's are in the special firmware list on dealer website including the Movie data F/W.

Does it matter what you posted is from UK and I'm in the USA? The instructions are different from others I've seen including not setting any soft switches?

It states to delete movie data and replace with special movie data. I downloaded the special movie FW but where do I delete the old movie data in service mode?

Thanks again for the help

techsxge
08-17-2022, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the tech info sheets, few questions, It says to install GBF-M0 from 2017. There is a newer up version GR4-M0 from 2021. Should I still use the older GBF-M0 F/W as in the tech info along with GB4-A9? All these FW's are in the special firmware list on dealer website including the Movie data F/W.

Does it matter what you posted is from UK and I'm in the USA? The instructions are different from others I've seen including not setting any soft switches?

It states to delete movie data and replace with special movie data. I downloaded the special movie FW but where do I delete the old movie data in service mode?

Thanks again for the help
I think you can just install the new "special" movie data and it auto-removes the old movie data.

copyman
08-17-2022, 08:20 PM

The procedure you provided in previous post worked! NON-E model now working again!

Only issue was with installing the new movie data. Going back with it loaded on a few different USB drives.

Thanks again

Custom Search