PDA

View Full Version : C454 Error J12-01 Tray 2

Custom Search

techsxge
08-16-2022, 09:40 PM
Hi guys, i need help with this one:

Have a Customer with a C454 that continues to throw an J12-01 Jam Code ONLY in Tray 2. I've been dealing with this for a couple months now because i had to wait for a few parts.
I replaced whole Paper transport up until the transfer belt now, i tried different paper cassette, Error stays. Trouble Reset done of course. Also tried different Firmware Versions. Machine Reset with Reset Tool also did not help.
Paper in Tray 2 gets lifted up but never realy leaves the tray.

Jam Code came out of nowhere after about 6-7 Months of "normal" Small-Medium Office use. (80k on the Counter)

Can it be the MFPB? Or is there a motor or a sensor i might not have replaced yet?

tsbservice
08-16-2022, 10:01 PM
One ways, torque limiter good? Probably feed roller one way clutch is sleeping if you can see top sheet crumpled in the middle but not taken.

femaster
08-17-2022, 02:25 AM
For starters, a J-code is not an error, it is a jam. All the trouble reset in the world isn't going to fix that. And holly shit batman, you used the reset firmware (tool) to troubleshoot a jam code!?

I guess I need some information cleared up before I can help any further. When you say that you "replaced whole Paper transport up until the transfer belt," does that mean that you have replaced the entire feed unit assembly (which includes feed units for both trays 1 and 2), and also the whole registration assembly?

If that is the case, I'd start by pressing the right access door closed further with my hand while trying to feed from tray 2. If the jamming stops, it's likely that the white idle rollers that press against the tray 2 conveyance rollers are not making a good contact causing them to not grip the paper. If they are slipping they won't be able to finish pulling the paper out of tray 2 once the paper reaches them. At that point, I'd make sure that the white idle rollers attached to the access door are still properly spring loaded. Next I would check all the door latches both on the access door and in the main body of the copier and make sure none of them are broken.

techsxge
08-17-2022, 05:22 AM
For starters, a J-code is not an error, it is a jam. All the trouble reset in the world isn't going to fix that. And holly shit batman, you used the reset firmware (tool) to troubleshoot a jam code!?

I guess I need some information cleared up before I can help any further. When you say that you "replaced whole Paper transport up until the transfer belt," does that mean that you have replaced the entire feed unit assembly (which includes feed units for both trays 1 and 2), and also the whole registration assembly?

If that is the case, I'd start by pressing the right access door closed further with my hand while trying to feed from tray 2. If the jamming stops, it's likely that the white idle rollers that press against the tray 2 conveyance rollers are not making a good contact causing them to not grip the paper. If they are slipping they won't be able to finish pulling the paper out of tray 2 once the paper reaches them. At that point, I'd make sure that the white idle rollers attached to the access door are still properly spring loaded. Next I would check all the door latches both on the access door and in the main body of the copier and make sure none of them are broken.

Yes i meant the jam code and know that it is a jamcode, bad phrasing sorry.
I replaced everything you mentioned already, will try to follow your ideas today and post results here.

techsxge
08-17-2022, 05:28 AM
One ways, torque limiter good? Probably feed roller one way clutch is sleeping if you can see top sheet crumpled in the middle but not taken.

Top sheet is not crumbled in any way. It looks like the rolls that take out the paper are not getting a proper grip on the paper but i honestly doubt that because i replaced the whole area at once.
I'll try femasters ideas today but i feel like it is either the wiring to the MFPB or the MFPB itself at this point

tmmdmmm
08-17-2022, 05:28 AM

I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah....

Check your motors in the back, I just had a 16-01 bite us for 4 service calls until I checked and saw the T3 motors plug was slightly loose. Enough to feed, but was somehow feeding double speed.

Open sensor check in State Confirmation and try blocking all the relevant sensors. Do they swap between 0 and 1? If not then trace voltages back to the various boards. The sensor immediately under registration goes to the Front board, then from the front board to the printer control board. I believe all other relevant sensors beneath registration goes straight to the printer control board.

You swapped the T1/2 assembly so I'm going to go out on a limb and say all the rollers/oneways/gray conveyance roller/clutches are good, although if it was a used assembly that's a risky statement.

Like Femaster said put pressure on the door and see if there's a difference. If there is either change the springs behind the white idle rollers or place washers behind that panel to increase the pressure.

Do you have any issues with the bypass? I havn't seen it on a 4 series but on the 8 series theres a common issue with the one way gears in the motor assembly that kills both Tray 2 and the Bypass at the same time.

allan
08-17-2022, 05:54 AM
Check the paper size and tray detection switches. Not sure if it can cause this.

tsbservice
08-17-2022, 06:01 AM
Ok, remove tray 1 and watch for pickup roller of tray 2. Does it comes in contact with a paper and moves at all?
And btw forget my reply about oneways, I missed the part where you swapped whole paper feed unit.

techsxge
08-18-2022, 08:27 AM
I replaced the vertical paper transport again with the original one and now it is working (500 Test pages by myself and about 1k by the customer)

I do not like how it was done because i cant realy figure out the Problem, but i'll keep an eye out and pray a bit that this will keep on working

Thanks to all your input

Custom Search