PDA

View Full Version : BH-C-284e, slow and occasionally not reacting in network

Custom Search

Hansoon
08-17-2022, 05:38 PM
BH-C-284e, slow and occasionally not reacting in network.

This machine has a history of a very long time to boot. It would take about almost five minutes before the boot procedures were finished. Starting with two shark fins then after several minutes four fins were coming up, then the usual noise and clacking from inside the machine, then the normal screen comes up, and machine is operable as it should be.

Now suddenly the customer could print but not scan and at the same time the web interface could not be called up anymore. Later on both printing nor scanning was possible, but the machine could still be pinged with his IP-Address.

Brought it to the workshop and after removing all the options and HD as well, reseating memory and SDD, installing another HD, followed by numerous times initialization and firmware update with A5C10Y0-F000-G20-M1 things started to normalize.

Now the beast is working well, but I feel unsure to bring it back to its location.

Did you guys had similar experience? Any ideas what was/is going on?

Hans

tsbservice
08-17-2022, 08:05 PM
Old HDD may be on its way to eternity. New one and firmware should take care of stupid things this beauty did in the past.

allan
08-17-2022, 08:18 PM
Check for IP conflicts when you take it back.

Synthohol
08-17-2022, 08:36 PM
Make sure sleep mode is OFF. (Set 'permit' in svc mode sleep setting then disable in admin mode.

Woxner
08-17-2022, 09:28 PM
I think the HDD was doing this. Wont be ip conflick since it did it in you shop.

Gift
08-18-2022, 09:30 AM
Won't have anything to to with the initial problem but since you spent so much time I'd check the MFP board battery voltage as a precaution - some of the 4e series just die after some time "off" power supply.
A healthy battery should have 3,x volts I think - anything below 2.5 is dangerous - if you need to replace it you must solder the new battery parallel to the old one before removing it.

techsxge
08-18-2022, 03:41 PM
I agree with Gift. Chech the battery.

For the Problem: Printing / Scanning / Ping should only be caused by the memoryor network card.
Slow boot is usually due to corrupted Firmware or slow/dead HDD. Have seen slow boot also when installing non OEM Parts or non OEM Chips.

You just dont seem to have any luck with the C284 recently, do you?

Custom Search