PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C368 - Fiery

Custom Search

Kenny
08-18-2022, 11:45 AM
Hi guys

for some reason i cant enable image controller settings to '1' when i do it just goes back to '0' once i click end?

i have enabled the web browsing function

is there any software switches that need to be enabled?

the hdd is enabled, i have checked the memory of machine and is 2886m

i have had a search up and i believe it might be because enhanced security mode is on? how do you turn this off?

B0265
08-18-2022, 12:31 PM
You need to install additional memory (UK-211).

Markks
08-19-2022, 02:15 AM
Setting Up a IC-416 on the new C308, 368, and the C458, 558 ,658
First is to set the machine up as though it does not have a Fiery.
Give the machine an IP and DNS so you can activate the web browser.
To activate web browser
1. Admin
2. Network to pages three
3. Web browser setting (select on) if you are able to get to the web the machine will restart when is it is done. If not then follow the next step.
To Activate web browser without internet
1. Retrieve activation code by going to : http://lms.konicaminolta.com/activate .
2. In Administrator Mode
a. Go to Network Settings
b. Go to Page 3
c. Go to Web Browser Settings
d. Input activation code
Now that you have web browser activated go to service mode
1. System 2
2. Image controller ( set to controller 1)
3. Make sure the machine is set to DHCP in the network setting before turning off the machine.
Now plug the network cable into the Fiery and the crossover cable from the Fiery to the machine (even if you are going to us two network drops you still want to first setup the Fiery using the cross over cable the first time)
Turn on the Fiery and wait about three minutes before turning on the MFP. The MFP will come on and tell you to turn on the controller and it may after the turn on controller massage goes away tell you that it could not connect to the controller. That is ok at this point restart the MFP one more time. (DO NOT RESTART THE FIERY). When the MFP comes back on the Fiery should give the machine an IP. If you look under device info the IP should end in .2 at this time you can now program the Fiery. If you are going to use two network drops then you can now remove the cross over and program the MFP when you finish programing the Fiery.
If you find that the Fiery button is missing under the menu screen here is the steps to get it to show up.
1. Got to Admin
2. System Settings
3. Go to page three
4. Custom Display Setting
5. Main menu default setting
6. Main menu key 5 (turn on Fiery button)

Synthohol
08-19-2022, 03:43 AM
You need to install additional memory (UK-211).
mentioning the 2886 mem was the perfect giveaway.

Problem
"Controller 1" cannot be selected in Service Mode on new install.

Solution
CAUSE: Upgrade Kit UK-211 not installed.

SOLUTION: Install Memory Expansion, UK-211 (Item #MXA87AWY1KMUS).

Technical Notes
1. The Memory Upgrade Kit, UK-211, is required to use the video interface kit, VI-508, and image controller, IC-416, on bizhub C308/C368. Otherwise, it will not be possible to select [Controller 1] under [Service Mode] -> [System 2] -> [Image Controller Setting].

copier tech
08-19-2022, 07:54 AM
Hi guys

for some reason i cant enable image controller settings to '1' when i do it just goes back to '0' once i click end?

i have enabled the web browsing function

is there any software switches that need to be enabled?

the hdd is enabled, i have checked the memory of machine and is 2886m

i have had a search up and i believe it might be because enhanced security mode is on? how do you turn this off?

Out of interest why are you adding a fiery to a C369 ? There's no real benefit IMHO.

Kenny
08-19-2022, 08:39 AM
Thanks guys will get this ordered! (first time putting a fiery on a C368:o)

Kenny
08-19-2022, 08:41 AM
Out of interest why are you adding a fiery to a C369 ? There's no real benefit IMHO.

its just what to customer has requested as there is a certain document that they print which doesn't print out the colours correctly, once tested on a fiery it printed spot on

Hansoon
08-19-2022, 05:29 PM
== Slightly Off-Topic ==

I have a BH-C-284e for my own use with a Fiery IC414 ( E100 60-55C-KM) and thought the original print quality of the BH-C-284e seemed already very good, but it improved even more with that Fiery. The only disadvantage of Fiery's in general since decades is that they are always really very noisy.

Hans

Markks
08-21-2022, 10:36 PM
Just an FYI on Fiery hard drives when they fail go back with a SSD . A lot cheaper plus Fiery will boot faster

copier tech
08-22-2022, 07:51 AM
its just what to customer has requested as there is a certain document that they print which doesn't print out the colours correctly, once tested on a fiery it printed spot on

OK thanks, that's good to know.

Kenny
08-24-2022, 11:40 AM
Setting Up a IC-416 on the new C308, 368, and the C458, 558 ,658
First is to set the machine up as though it does not have a Fiery.
Give the machine an IP and DNS so you can activate the web browser.
To activate web browser
1. Admin
2. Network to pages three
3. Web browser setting (select on) if you are able to get to the web the machine will restart when is it is done. If not then follow the next step.
To Activate web browser without internet
1. Retrieve activation code by going to : http://lms.konicaminolta.com/activate .
2. In Administrator Mode
a. Go to Network Settings
b. Go to Page 3
c. Go to Web Browser Settings
d. Input activation code
Now that you have web browser activated go to service mode
1. System 2
2. Image controller ( set to controller 1)
3. Make sure the machine is set to DHCP in the network setting before turning off the machine.
Now plug the network cable into the Fiery and the crossover cable from the Fiery to the machine (even if you are going to us two network drops you still want to first setup the Fiery using the cross over cable the first time)
Turn on the Fiery and wait about three minutes before turning on the MFP. The MFP will come on and tell you to turn on the controller and it may after the turn on controller massage goes away tell you that it could not connect to the controller. That is ok at this point restart the MFP one more time. (DO NOT RESTART THE FIERY). When the MFP comes back on the Fiery should give the machine an IP. If you look under device info the IP should end in .2 at this time you can now program the Fiery. If you are going to use two network drops then you can now remove the cross over and program the MFP when you finish programing the Fiery.
If you find that the Fiery button is missing under the menu screen here is the steps to get it to show up.
1. Got to Admin
2. System Settings
3. Go to page three
4. Custom Display Setting
5. Main menu default setting
6. Main menu key 5 (turn on Fiery button)

FINALLY GOT THE UK211

i have managed to set the controller to 1, now i have followed the above procedure, but cannot get the fiery to connect.

it just says turn on controller, i have tried with the cross over cable but the ip address just stays as 169. not the 172.

machine is set the DHCP and web browser works

Kenny
08-24-2022, 11:47 AM
i have just opened up the fiery and there is no HDD,

would that be causing it?

not sure if it has an SSD if someone can point that out

Synthohol
08-24-2022, 12:50 PM
wow, hdd is missing, i see the sata cable just hanging there.

Kenny
08-24-2022, 01:38 PM
wow, hdd is missing, i see the sata cable just hanging there.

do you know the size hdd it needs?

would i need anything else for it?

Synthohol
08-24-2022, 02:29 PM
just grab a 250/320G from a scrap machine, delete all the partitions on it and install to fiery and run the system software install.
it will partition and format during the install process.

Kenny
08-25-2022, 03:15 PM
Right so I’ve put a HDD into the fiery, but there is only a slot for the smaller connector, there isn’t a port for the bigger one?

emujo2
08-25-2022, 04:33 PM
I'm having a hard time with this...Your pic shows unconnected SATA HDD connections..You cant put a IDE or SSD drive in its place..If you are that unsure, pull the connections, take them to Best Buy and say please sell me a HDD that will fit this..Someone already posted the size needed. E

Synthohol
08-25-2022, 05:01 PM
Just use a laptop size sata hdd.
Most scrap copiers will have a free one :)

Kenny
08-26-2022, 08:48 AM
fiery is now online and working guys thanks for your help,

ran system software, turned fiery option off/on disabled IPV6 and fully functions,

Kenny
09-01-2022, 09:07 AM
Hi Guys,

we are having a problem with this fiery disconnecting itself and going offline, when we reboot the copier and Fiery it comes back online,

Ive checked that the IP address is not duplicated, does anyone one have any ideas what could be causing this to happen.?

Kenny
09-13-2022, 08:39 AM
Hi Guys,

we are having a problem with this fiery disconnecting itself and going offline, when we reboot the copier and Fiery it comes back online,

Ive checked that the IP address is not duplicated, does anyone one have any ideas what could be causing this to happen.?

EDIT: managed to sort this guys by doing the following (other tech posted while i was on holiday)

Adjusted power save settings, disabled IPV6 settings for both machine and fiery, adjusted network speed to allow 1GBS. Turned off TCP socket settings.

Markks
09-14-2022, 05:03 AM
EDIT: managed to sort this guys by doing the following (other tech posted while i was on holiday)

Adjusted power save settings, disabled IPV6 settings for both machine and fiery, adjusted network speed to allow 1GBS. Turned off TCP socket settings.

If you haven't already done so disable sleep mode on the copier and turn off weekly timer. Also web into the Fiery and set it to auto update so the Fiery patches will stay up to date.

Custom Search