PDA

View Full Version : Konica c558 yellow issue

Custom Search

macuk
08-18-2022, 04:54 PM
Hi,
hope someone can help. Customer has a Konica c558 which, when printing or copying a colour background has a yellow sawtooth deletion at the front side of the copy. the image attached is an A3 sheet. I have swapped the dev assembly from another machine, with no change. changed the yellow drum with a black drum and chip, changing the front of the drum spacer etc.(all i had with me at the time, again with no change. Removed the itb and checked the primary rollers for damage and smooth lifting. all seemed ok the that. Does anyone have any more ideas of what could be causing this. thanks in advance.

Poefie
08-18-2022, 05:52 PM
Hi,
hope someone can help. Customer has a Konica c558 which, when printing or copying a colour background has a yellow sawtooth deletion at the front side of the copy. the image attached is an A3 sheet. I have swapped the dev assembly from another machine, with no change. changed the yellow drum with a black drum and chip, changing the front of the drum spacer etc.(all i had with me at the time, again with no change. Removed the itb and checked the primary rollers for damage and smooth lifting. all seemed ok the that. Does anyone have any more ideas of what could be causing this. thanks in advance.

Could not them be the write scan unit?

tsbservice
08-18-2022, 05:57 PM
Hi,

Print CMYK halftones at 30 and 200 density and post here.

techsxge
08-18-2022, 09:40 PM
This definitely looks like the transfer roll to me.

Woxner
08-18-2022, 09:55 PM
Would not be transfer roller if only on yellow. Looks like roller that touchs drum from transfer belt in not staying down it maybe moving up or down manually but sometimes the holder breaks

blackcat4866
08-18-2022, 11:56 PM
I agree with Woxner. Primary transfer roller Yellow, or the mechanism that holds it down. What is the interval on the repeating pattern? ~45mm? =^..^=

copyman
08-19-2022, 01:45 AM
Swap out transfer belt.

techsxge
08-19-2022, 08:45 AM
Swap out transfer belt.

Thepattern is tooo frequent for it being the transer belt, isnt it? Looks more like a roll of some sort

Kenny
08-19-2022, 08:49 AM
might be worth noting we have had this when the vertical conveyance section and 2nd transfer section isnt aligned properly.

they can be adjusted via the brackets.

part 22: A161104101 Adjusting Plate 2nd transfer section

part 2: A161102500 Adjusting Plate vertical conveyance section

part 1: A161121300 Adjusting Plate vertical conveyance section

macuk
08-19-2022, 01:03 PM
Thanks Guys, will pop in to cutomer later with an itb assy and a colour drum. i will also check the alignment as suggested by Kenny. If that doesn't work I'll post copies at different densities.

femaster
08-20-2022, 04:31 PM
Thepattern is tooo frequent for it being the transer belt, isnt it? Looks more like a roll of some sort

Behind the belt (inside the T-Belt assembly) is 4 rollers, one for each of the drum units. An issue with the roller or the roller mount can causing something that looks the OPs picture.

Custom Search