PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C458 Jam 66-05 when scanning duplex

Custom Search

JasonSBE
08-22-2022, 08:47 PM
This is a new one for me. All of the sensors are cleaned, and the jam is only presenting when scanning 2-sided. The machine is making an audible noise when it jams, and the paper is crinkling towards the rear of the ADF right as it passes through the CIS section. I'm ordering new guides as the sheet that protects the CIS from getting dust on it has some residue on the back of it near the rear of the ADF, but if there is anything else I should be looking for, I would love any suggestions.

blackcat4866
08-22-2022, 10:25 PM
Most 66-05 original jams originate with a dirty document read sensor, in this case PS6. It's located here. Also make sure that the black felt pad below the document read sensor is clean ... not covered with paper dust.

This applies to most Konica Minota DF's. =^..^=

tmmdmmm
08-23-2022, 02:25 AM
This is a new one for me. All of the sensors are cleaned, and the jam is only presenting when scanning 2-sided. The machine is making an audible noise when it jams, and the paper is crinkling towards the rear of the ADF right as it passes through the CIS section. I'm ordering new guides as the sheet that protects the CIS from getting dust on it has some residue on the back of it near the rear of the ADF, but if there is anything else I should be looking for, I would love any suggestions.

Yeah it sounds like its the CIS cleaning causing jams, which I've never heard of.
I think that motor and belt is on the rear so it might make it more difficult, but Id pop the back panel off and look at that belt. See if it jams once the cleaning activates. Believe that's something like every 5 pages?
If you can find the right angle you might be able to see it rotate from the front panel as well.

femaster
08-23-2022, 03:47 AM
Yeah it sounds like its the CIS cleaning causing jams, which I've never heard of.
I think that motor and belt is on the rear so it might make it more difficult, but Id pop the back panel off and look at that belt. See if it jams once the cleaning activates. Believe that's something like every 5 pages?
If you can find the right angle you might be able to see it rotate from the front panel as well.

That's a good thought. I've had at least one machine where the belt slipped on the brush roller itself somehow. The ADF thought everything was fine since the wheel that the rotation sensor reads was still working fine, it was just that the brush roller wasn't in time any longer as the belt was a few teeth off. It would catch the paper as the brush was finishing it's cleaning swipe because of the alignment issue. Definitely something to check into anyway.

tmmdmmm
08-23-2022, 06:22 AM
That's a good thought. I've had at least one machine where the belt slipped on the brush roller itself somehow. The ADF thought everything was fine since the wheel that the rotation sensor reads was still working fine, it was just that the brush roller wasn't in time any longer as the belt was a few teeth off. It would catch the paper as the brush was finishing it's cleaning swipe because of the alignment issue. Definitely something to check into anyway.

I've had a few, but normally itll code something like a 6105 before it jams. Ive never seen it cause jams

tsbservice
08-23-2022, 06:29 AM
+1, had it once in the past. Never resolved though, just swapped DF.

JasonSBE
09-09-2022, 12:44 AM
The cleaning roller was contributing to this issue. When I manually rolled it, I found a small defect on the white film that covers the roller that was catching the edge of the paper when it rotated at the perfectly wrong time, and caused the jam. The guides were warping because the paper was backing into them. I scraped off the bad area and it's doing fine now. If the issue comes back I'll order a replacement roller.

Markks
09-09-2022, 02:32 AM
good luck the roller doesn't come with the white sticker on it. If its not put on just right it will wrinkle. Order a few of the white sheets. I ended up pulling one out of an ADF were going to trash. Take note on how the white sheet is on the roller it is designed to only go on one way.

Custom Search