PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c284e hdd not working

Custom Search

James0221
08-24-2022, 12:41 AM
hi so i reset the hdd from the computer command prompt and now the bizhub says reset hdd lock password. i was able to past that and the disk will not download from physical format. any solutions?

femaster
08-24-2022, 01:25 AM
I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly the issue is, but this is the procedure we follow when it comes to the hard drive lock password:

After replacing a hard drive, you may be greeted with a message about a Hard Drive Lock Password. Depending upon the exact wording of the message, there are 2 different procedures to get beyond that.

Enter Hard Drive Lock Password or Format Hard Drive

For this message, press the MENU button to get to the main menu screen. Now select Utility→Administrator Settings→Format HDD. Confirm by pressing OK at the prompt. In about 1 minute it will ask you to reboot, do so via the MAIN power switch. Allow copier to reboot then install movie data and restore the address book if you were able to back it up prior to hard drive replacement.

Set Hard Drive Lock Password

In this instance, even after setting the lock password the message remains and will not go away. You are unable to format the hard drive via the admin panel as stated above, and are unable to do a Logical format in Service Mode. In this case there is no other option, you must do the dreaded Physical Format. This will run for 3 to 5 hours, find something else to do! Once completed you will be prompted to reboot. After reboot, you should now be prompted with the message found in option #1 above. Follow that procedure from here.

copyman
08-24-2022, 02:48 AM
Did you try doing the logical format. Usually this is all that is needed. Also if you search this forum there is some good info about the "hdd lock password"

techsxge
08-24-2022, 10:24 AM
From what i understood, he formatted the HDD on a PC and most likely used the Windows format function and not something proper like gparted etc. and now the HDD is fcked, most likely because he put a NTFS Filesystem on it with which a Linux/Unix System cant realy do anything.
You'd need to run a Logical and physical reformat with the HDD IN THE MACHINE to have a chance to bypass that, one of our newer training techs managed to destroy the HDD once when he used the windows format function though

copyman
08-24-2022, 01:03 PM
Maybe procedure below will help you or someone else. Looks like you may have already reached this point but would try just a logical format.

Also you can leave HDD unplugged, turn machine on and should throw a code CD010. Then go into service mode and UNset the HDD. Turn off/on and machine should boot up normally. This will confirm HDD is bad. Turn off machine re-connect the HDD, turn on then try logical format. All else fails - Replace HDD
Don't pay Kon/Min their ridiculous price for HDD. Swap from another machine or contact me. I should have a few from working parts machines.

Workaround/Fix
CAUSE: Failed hard drive.

SOLUTION: Please perform the following.
1. Reseat the connectors for the HDD, DSIP board, PRCB then reseat memory modules.
2. Format the HDD.
WARNING: Formatting the hard disk will erase all data contained in it.
a. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
b. Touch these keys in this order: [State Confirmation] g [Memory / HDD Adj.] g [HDD Format].
c. Touch [Physical Format].
d. Press the Start key to start the physical format.
e. It stops automatically when the physical format completed.
Notes

If [HDD Encryption Setting] is not set to "ON," when the physical format is completed and the main power switch is turned OFF/ON, a message that prompts you to set an encrypting word is displayed.
If you perform [HDD Encryption Setting], after setting an encrypting word, perform the logical format.

f. Touch [Logical Format].
g. Press the Start key to start the logical format.
h. It stops automatically when the logical format completed.
i. Turn OFF the main power switch and turn it on again after waiting for more than 10 seconds.
3. Replace the HDD (p/n A2X0M72C00) if problem continues, then perform a logical format.
a. Call the Service Mode to the screen.
b. Touch these keys in this order: [State Confirmation] g [Memory / HDD Adj.] g [HDD Format].
c. Touch [Logical Format].
d. Press the Start key to start the formatting sequence.
e. The sequence will be automatically terminated as it is completed.
f. Turn OFF the main power switch and turn it on again after waiting for more than 10 seconds.

Custom Search