PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous User Authentication/Account Track question

Custom Search

copier tech
08-26-2022, 09:17 PM
Hi all,

Quick question that I can’t seem to find the answer to on the Konica site.

I have a client in a church that would like to restrict access on a C308 to prevent users from accessing the machine unless they have a pin code. However, they don’t want to track or restrict users that print.

So is it possible to restrict just copying but not printing or scanning ?

copier addict
08-27-2022, 02:12 AM
Hi all,

Quick question that I can’t seem to find the answer to on the Konica site.

I have a client in a church that would like to restrict access on a C308 to prevent users from accessing the machine unless they have a pin code. However, they don’t want to track or restrict users that print.

So is it possible to restrict just copying but not printing or scanning ?

The least intrusive method would be account track and then all you have to do is enter the password into the print driver and bob's your uncle.
Walking up to the machine users would enter the password and with the password entered in the driver printing is unaffected.

Markks
08-27-2022, 02:19 AM
you can turn on print without authentication .

Print without Authentication (https://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/bizhubc368/contents/contents/opkey_618_S.html?k=print%20without%20authenticatio n)Print without AuthenticationTo display: [Utility][Administrator Settings][User Authentication/Account Track][Print
Descriptions of Functions / Utility KeysPrint without Authentication

Synthohol
08-27-2022, 04:05 AM
you can allow print without authentication.

copier tech
08-30-2022, 11:02 AM
The least intrusive method would be account track and then all you have to do is enter the password into the print driver and bob's your uncle.
Walking up to the machine users would enter the password and with the password entered in the driver printing is unaffected.

Yes I am aware of this but the church has multiple users, many with laptops not on site so it is critical I ONLY restrict copying or the users will turn up with laptops & tables etc & won't be able to print.

emujo2
08-30-2022, 03:01 PM
User authentication is the way to go here.Public user setup to allow printing, scanning, restrict copy..Walk up users are presented with a login screen, print users can print w/o any restrictions (once driver is updated). Account track can't be tailored to allow print (print w/o authentication is normally used with 3rd party apps). E

Custom Search