PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Story of a BH C454e with error C-DC30 and then C-4801

Custom Search

Zesti
08-30-2022, 12:49 PM
HI guys,
Want to share story of this BH C454e.
A fellow tech had face a machine with customer which was giving away Error DC30.<br>He called for help and my initial guess was some illegal copy acity has been tried to perform as the machine was on a print shop.
Tried reflashing machine no success and I advised him to send the machine to my workshop.<br>After few days the fellow called and told that he tried to replace the boards with another machine and now stuck at 4801.....
I initially advised him not to change any boards....:confused:
The machine came to my workshop and I consulted copytechnet and there were few posts about 4801. In one post it was mentioned to take the boards to another working machine and replace boards one by one and complete board change procedure. No machine was available nearby with us but another fellow had it only 3 hrs drive away. We were discussing to plan a visit when during discussion he suddenly REVEALED me that just before this problem customer called for some problem, during inspection he found couple of cables cut by mouse. I asked him to show me cables and what I see I couldn't belive these were of Security card below HV. I asked if he checked for correct cables and he told no just joined the cables. P.S in SM Wiring the connector CN26 of PRCB pins 11-16 going to that security board shows NC....:)
Checked the connections and found pins 1 and 2 are swapped ....corrected and VOILA........fired up machine AND it ran as if nothing happend to it....
Fellow had swapped SSDB, MFPB in every combination and even formated SSDB....
So how intresting it is:rolleyes:

Copier repairman
08-30-2022, 03:26 PM
We cannot help with malfunctions caused by illegal use.
please understand.
But we can tell you the cause.
C-DC00 - C-DC30 : Occurs when securities or paper money is copied.
C-4801: When using a board other than the same model or a machine manufactured by a partner company.

copyman
08-30-2022, 11:40 PM
HI guys,
A fellow tech had face a machine with customer which was giving away Error DC30.<br>He called for help and my initial guess was some illegal copy acity has been tried to perform as the machine was on a print shop.
Tried reflashing machine no success and I advised him to send the machine to my workshop.<br>After few days the fellow called and told that he tried to replace the boards with another machine and now stuck at 4801.....
The machine came to my workshop and I consulted copytechnet and there were few posts about 4801. In one post it was mentioned to take the boards to another working machine and replace boards one by one and complete board change procedure. No machine was available nearby with us but another fellow had it only 3 hrs drive away. We were discussing to plan a visit when during discussion he suddenly REVEALED me that just before this problem customer called for some problem, during inspection he found couple of cables cut by mouse. I asked him to show me cables and what I see I couldn't belive these were of Security card below HV. I asked if he checked for correct cables and he told no just joined the cables. P.S in SM Wiring the connector CN26 of PRCB pins 11-16 going to that security board shows NC....:)
Checked the connections and found pins 1 and 2 are swapped ....corrected and VOILA........fired up machine AND it ran as if nothing happend to it....
So how intresting it is:rolleyes:

Yes I've had several machines where mice chewed wires. Consider yourself lucky, it can be quite a challenge to get machine to work again with damage they can do.

As for swapping more than one board, ssd, etc at same time. Even though Kon/Min says this will not work and will have trouble I've swapped MFP & MC boards at same time as well as swapped ssd between machines. Might carry over meters etc but has worked.

tulintron
09-09-2022, 08:50 PM
HI guys,
So how intresting it is:rolleyes:Yes, I've already returned several machines with C4801 around here. But you deserve a trophy.

When this error occurs, something changes in the security card's programming and the Checksum cannot be verified.
In your case, it cannot be verified because of the breakout, but it cannot be changed for the same reason either.

Congratulations

Custom Search