PDA

View Full Version : Electrical C250i Won't Power On

Custom Search

copytechtrouble
08-31-2022, 04:05 PM
Hello all,
I have a Develop C250i that wont power on. when the power switch is flicked to the On position, I can hear an initial sound from the power supply but nothing else happens, no lights or sound, completely dead.
I've tried a new power supply, base board and power switch from a known good machine but the issue is still the same, machine dead.
the customer said it was working perfectly all morning but when they when to print after lunch, the machine was off and wouldn't turn back on. no power surge or other power problems occurred on the site.
anyone have any ideas?
thanks

jwai
08-31-2022, 04:37 PM
Tried CPU board?

Cantechman
08-31-2022, 05:51 PM
Hello all,
I have a Develop C250i that wont power on. when the power switch is flicked to the On position, I can hear an initial sound from the power supply but nothing else happens, no lights or sound, completely dead.
I've tried a new power supply, base board and power switch from a known good machine but the issue is still the same, machine dead.
the customer said it was working perfectly all morning but when they when to print after lunch, the machine was off and wouldn't turn back on. no power surge or other power problems occurred on the site.
anyone have any ideas?
thanks

Sounds silly but i would check that the correct power is coming from the plugin. Is it plugged into a EPS surge protector? if so just try it without it. I have seen those go bad before.

tsbservice
08-31-2022, 06:18 PM
Hello all,
anyone have any ideas?
thanks

Does display lights up? Stuck on boot with 25% indicator,? You may try SSDB(NVME SSD). Those were known to fail. There is boot problem troubleshooting based on led lights also available on these.

Albonline
08-31-2022, 06:49 PM
Hello all,
anyone have any ideas?
thanks

that reaction from the machine is usually a short or a blown up board. if equipped with a 704, try removing the ds board, try with side door open. also if it was running fw 45 or earlier the ssd is toast.

Synthohol
08-31-2022, 09:59 PM
try with all the doors open, if the fuser is shorting out it can do the same symptom but keeping the door open will NOT supply power to the fuser.

tmmdmmm
08-31-2022, 11:45 PM
Had something similar a few months back. Machine would boot up until the scanner lamp powered up, then would immediately short out and go dark.

Try powering it up with all doors open, this will stop everything but the boards from getting power. If it still does it, then its likely a board issue, if it doesn't then it might be another component shorting out. But they made some changes with the i series, now all boards have 5v and 24v regardless of the main switch so to get it to reset itself you may have to unplug.

avecosat
09-04-2023, 12:02 PM
Hello all,
anyone have any ideas?
thanks
Hello, finally, how did you solve it? I have the same problem

Konicatech
09-04-2023, 01:29 PM
Hello, finally, how did you solve it? I have the same problem

Had same issue recently, was the CPU board.

Adamano1
09-04-2023, 04:52 PM
I have had a similar problem with 3 of these machines. It was the CPU boards on all 3 machines, 1 of which had to be replaced. If you pull out the CPU board and reseat it, It may solve your problem. Make sure you slide the board in at a 45 degree angle. One tech didn't slide it in at the correct angle and the machine was dead until he went back on himself to see what he might of done.

Custom Search