PDA

View Full Version : Stains on copy model 308e

Custom Search

CIRO
09-01-2022, 04:50 PM
Good evening, I installed a konica minolta model 308e, after about 80,000 copies it has spots only on the first printed sheet, the rest are clean.
every time I print a single sheet it stains, while if I print 20 sheets only the first one gets stained.

Kindly someone can tell me what I can do.
thank you

JasonSBE
09-01-2022, 05:10 PM
Could you upload a sample? There are several things that could cause this, and a sample picture could be helpful.

tsbservice
09-01-2022, 06:32 PM
Try it without filters at the back of machine. Also make sure firmware is up to date.

copyman
09-01-2022, 08:22 PM
I've seen this several times and was always due to loss of developer. You will have to determine what color is low on developer then either replace that developer unit or much less expensive replace just the developer powder with aftermarket developer. Also make sure you replace any drums that are at 0% or they will short out and cause the developer to deplete again.

tsbservice
09-01-2022, 08:29 PM
I've seen this several times and was always due to loss of developer. You will have to determine what color is low on developer then either replace that developer unit or much less expensive replace just the developer powder with aftermarket developer. Also make sure you replace any drums that are at 0% or they will short out and cause the developer to deplete again.

I would respectfully disagree. Besides this is mono color machine 8e series. They are prone to premature fuser/drum failure not to developer depletion.

copyman
09-02-2022, 02:25 AM
I would respectfully disagree. Besides this is mono color machine 8e series. They are prone to premature fuser/drum failure not to developer depletion.

I missed it was a color model. Regardless the several times I had 1st page out "only" with quality issues it was usually the black developer loss and / or aftermarket toner. Usually after machine sits for awhile the 1st page "only" will look like bad fuser unit with repeat image, etc etc.. 2nd page and after the pages will be fine.

CIRO
09-02-2022, 12:15 PM
Could you upload a sample? There are several things that could cause this, and a sample picture could be helpful.

Hello, I am sending you the copy of the defect attached.
waiting for your reply, I salute you.

CIRO
09-02-2022, 12:21 PM
i've seen this several times and was always due to loss of developer. You will have to determine what color is low on developer then either replace that developer unit or much less expensive replace just the developer powder with aftermarket developer. Also make sure you replace any drums that are at 0% or they will short out and cause the developer to deplete again.

the fotoco'priatrice is a white / black, i send you in attachment defect.

copyman
09-02-2022, 12:31 PM
the fotoco'priatrice is a white / black, i send you in attachment defect.

I would still look at Drum & developer. Although check fuser just to be sure but with 80k shouldn't be bad unless running all thick stock.

Are you using aftermarket toner? What % is drum?

Gift
09-02-2022, 01:34 PM
itb cleaning unit?

blackcat4866
09-02-2022, 02:26 PM
I'm leaning towards drum cleaning myself, with a side order of primary charge contamination. The drum could have failed at 80K conceivably. Certainly it's a good place to start. =^..^=

femaster
09-02-2022, 04:16 PM
I'm leaning towards drum cleaning myself, with a side order of primary charge contamination. The drum could have failed at 80K conceivably. Certainly it's a good place to start. =^..^=

I'm agreeing with you on this one. We had a couple OEM 8-series drums a about 2 years ago with a cleaning blade issue that looked just like that. The lead edge of the smear had that arched look to it like in the sample. The only thing that the cleaning blade wouldn't explain are the couple lines at the top of the sample page.

At the end of a job the drum is rotated backward ever so slightly. I assume this is to "clean" the blade, but I never bothered to look into why. In any case, on the drums we had the problem with it seemed like the blade was slightly flipping backwards during this reversal of the drum. When the next job came around the blade would have to flip back into its proper place, resulting in the arched smear on the very first page of every job. We tried using some drum powder on the drums, and it did work to clear up the smears for the next couple of jobs, but ultimately would return. In the end we had to replace the drums.

Woxner
09-02-2022, 11:34 PM
I had several drums do this. Pops up once in a while. New drum takes care of it

copyman
09-03-2022, 12:16 AM
I had several drums do this. Pops up once in a while. New drum takes care of it

Never had it on a "4" series so if the drum as suspected it's probably that damn PCR !

Markks
09-03-2022, 01:19 AM
itb cleaning unit?

I agree with Gift , Looks like it might be the transfer belt cleaning unit

Hansoon
09-03-2022, 05:37 AM
My first thought was ITB too, but the other arguments about the drum are sounding very solid to me.

Hans

allan
09-03-2022, 07:59 AM
There are clues that gives away the ITB the clear band there the IDS sensor operates and the middle pawl that seemed to starch the entire circumference in my opinion. The lines on the top looks like the PCR from the drum.

My bet would be both ITB and drum. Who knows...

Is there any repeating intervals?
Does it happen consistently or only in the begin of print jobs, every page, every other page, after make was sitting for a while?
The shade looks worse towards the WTB side? waste toner is baking up in the ITB or may be drum?

Toxic
09-05-2022, 03:02 PM
I had few times on 308e similar smear but smaller, like eyebrow shape about 1-2cm long.
In all cases drum was near end life or overdue.
Replacing drum solve problem.

Synthohol
09-05-2022, 03:10 PM
ive seen the same stain pattern twice, i replaced both the transfer belt and the DV unit and it went away.
honestly couldnt tell you which one fixed it but it was between those two.
new drum made no change.

Gift
09-05-2022, 03:46 PM
My first thought was ITB too, but the other arguments about the drum are sounding very solid to me.

Hans

Well I withdraw my ITB cleaning unit suggestion, too - please file it under "general cleaning recommendation" :D:o

copyman
09-05-2022, 03:55 PM
After all the guesses hopefully the OP will report back with what it turned out to be.......

jalaoly
09-06-2022, 03:52 PM
Hi!

I have the same pb on 368e and i change the drum unit to solve my pb

JasonSBE
09-07-2022, 12:34 AM
Hello, I am sending you the copy of the defect attached.
waiting for your reply, I salute you.

Is it just me or is there a wrinkle in the page? The paper does not appear to be skewed when the image is put on the page. Was the paper folded before it was scanned? If not, you need to visually inspect the fusing unit. I don't think that's what is causing all of the image quality problems but it needs to be checked out. I'm leaning towards the transfer belt or transfer roller for the image problems.

dave novak
01-18-2023, 08:39 PM
I have the same issue the stain is not as wide , it’s intermittent. Don’t know if it’s the first page ? I’ve replaced the drum. Next the belt , but it was a 308 belt , wrong one . So this time I replaced the belt with the correct one 308e. I see what happens?

Custom Search