PDA

View Full Version : Konica c280 crooked copy

Custom Search

DOE
09-02-2022, 10:43 PM
When I have this problem in the past it was because someone made a book copy and pushed down to hard. Not the case this time. Copies are straight off the glass and crooked through the document feeder. What are some of the things I should be looking at in the document feeder that could cause this. Didn’t See any problem with the mylar strips. Cleaned all feed tires.Doc feeder is Properly aligned on the copier and as far as I can see original goes in properly with no skew. Thanks for any ideas

copyman
09-03-2022, 12:12 AM
Did you make sure ADF hinge screws are tight? Try the adjustment on the right ADF hinge? Even though the ADF may look like it's "properly aligned" it may still need to be adjusted.

Markks
09-03-2022, 01:34 AM
how many scans have been through the adf? its possible that the guides are worn down causing drag

femaster
09-03-2022, 01:36 AM
A few options for crooked ADF copies on that machine are: Right hinge for side-to-side adjustment, height adjustment on both hinges, and ADF loop adjustment in service mode. I don't have access to a manual at the moment, and there aren't any other adjustments that are coming to me right now.

Hansoon
09-03-2022, 05:31 AM
I had once that on the Left Cover Assy (PM Page 7 Position 22) the front hinge was cracked, Also often one of the black Teflon sheets inside that cover got lost or dislocated.

Hans

blackcat4866
09-03-2022, 02:50 PM
A few options for crooked ADF copies on that machine are: Right hinge for side-to-side adjustment, height adjustment on both hinges, and ADF loop adjustment in service mode. I don't have access to a manual at the moment, and there aren't any other adjustments that are coming to me right now.

That was my first impression, height adjustment. You can get skewing, dog-ears, & jamming ... all depending on how far the height is misadjusted (usually too high at the rear, and usually because the left hinge is wearing out or broken). =^..^=

DOE
09-12-2022, 01:56 PM
When I have this problem in the past it was because someone made a book copy and pushed down to hard. Not the case this time. Copies are straight off the glass and crooked through the document feeder. What are some of the things I should be looking at in the document feeder that could cause this. Didn’t See any problem with the mylar strips. Cleaned all feed tires.Doc feeder is Properly aligned on the copier and as far as I can see original goes in properly with no skew. Thanks for any ideas
I tried height adj. no cracked or broken Hinge. Adjusted right hinge and still same crooked copy it didn’t help it at all. I think I have another doc feeder and just going to replace it. Thanks for your Suggestions.

Albonline
09-12-2022, 06:34 PM

I've only seen it once but the idler rollers in the turn guide , the spring broke leaving one side without pressure. adf ran sef 8.5x11 on up with no problem. but shorter paper skewed on the last half.

DOE
09-14-2022, 03:57 PM
Did you make sure ADF hinge screws are tight? Try the adjustment on the right ADF hinge? Even though the ADF may look like it's "properly aligned" it may still need to be adjusted.
Hi thanks For your reply. I stuck another working document feeder on it and have the same problem exact same copy slightly crooked. When I copy from the glass it’s straight as an arrow. I even tried a different paper drawer to make sure and the same thing. I’ve done the height adjustments had Aligned that properly and it’s the same thing on both document feeder’s also made sur hinge screws are tight. When I adjusted the height and never changed anything on the copy.

Albonline
09-14-2022, 04:06 PM
Hi thanks For your reply. I stuck another working document feeder on it and have the same problem exact same copy slightly crooked. When I copy from the glass it’s straight as an arrow. I even tried a different paper drawer to make sure and the same thing. I’ve done the height adjustments had Aligned that properly and it’s the same thing on both document feeder’s also made sur hinge screws are tight. When I adjusted the height and never changed anything on the copy.

did you run the adjustments with the adf adjustment sheet? if not do so.

Custom Search