PDA

View Full Version : C258 Recycling Coil Broken

Custom Search

Gaffers01
09-05-2022, 04:54 PM
Hi,

I have a customer with a C258 that has completely magenta copies/prints, I took the drum unit out and the charge roller was caked in magenta toner, the waste toner bottle was also full of magenta toner.
I removed the drum and the recycling coil was blocked solid and on further inspection it had broken where the gear is attached at the back.

I replaced the magenta drum and magenta developer unit and waste toner bottle.

Then today I get the same call (600 copies since last call) and arrive on site and exactly the same thing had happened again.

Do you think it maybe the HV board? I have had this issue on the 4e range but never on this range of machines?

tsbservice
09-05-2022, 05:16 PM
You clearly have problems with voltages. What are readings is service mode - Vdc and Vg. Compare with other colors. Probably HVT is toasted. Also check the back of machine for clogged magenta air ducts.

copyman
09-05-2022, 05:34 PM
What is the page count? Genuine or aftermarket toner?

Keep in mind "any" over life consumable can affect "any" other color.

Gaffers01
09-06-2022, 11:00 AM
The total count is 198k, they did have compatible toner as we were struggling to get Original toner. But it now has original toners back in.

I have a machine in the workshop which I have taken the HV board off and will go there tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

allan
09-06-2022, 12:13 PM
For interest please check your TCR values. 0% is not good.

copyman
09-06-2022, 01:43 PM
The total count is 198k, they did have compatible toner as we were struggling to get Original toner. But it now has original toners back in.

I have a machine in the workshop which I have taken the HV board off and will go there tomorrow and let you know the outcome.

How long has the original toner been in? Did you put original toner in when you installed new drum & developer as mentioned in your OP? It takes some time for the good toner to work it's way in. If really bad aftermarket toner could of crashed the new dev unit you installed?

JasonSBE
09-06-2022, 07:47 PM
I've had 2 8 series machines that were using after market toner need to have their sub-hopper replaced for a similar reason. Definitely sounds more like a charge issue but if the numbers look good you may consider cleaning out the sub hopper with a vacuum and making sure there aren't any clumps or anything like that holding toner back and causing it to spill out.

Gaffers01
09-13-2022, 02:26 PM
An update to this issue

Fitted a new HV board and now all working (1 week since installation)

I've attached before and after screenshots of HV reading for anyone having a similar issue.

Thanks for your help:cool:

Gift
09-13-2022, 03:42 PM
Thanks for sharing these before/after pics

I also seen this kind of issue if someone did a bad job converting a bk drum to color

tsbservice
09-13-2022, 03:43 PM
An update to this issue

Fitted a new HV board and now all working (1 week since installation)

I've attached before and after screenshots of HV reading for anyone having a similar issue.

Thanks for your help:cool:

Good job and thanks for following up with proper examples. Yellow TCR still a bit lower maybe you can increase it by 1 or 2 bits.

Gaffers01
09-13-2022, 04:10 PM
Yes your right ;) I upped the yellow toner and left them all between 6-7.

The images were literally before and after I changed the board so I could see any differences before doing any calibrations.

allan
09-13-2022, 05:15 PM
I am still trying to figure out the link between the HV being faulty giving 0 TCR reading? Seen this happen couple of times.

Markks
09-18-2022, 04:55 AM
Konica does sell a jig that will allow you to clean out the duct work of this series machine. This will help prevent the the machine from shorting out the HV unit. You just pull out the toner filter put the jig in and hook your vacuum cleaner to it then remove jig and reinstall filter. The part number for the jig is A5C0PJG000
A picture of jig attached

tsbservice
09-18-2022, 07:57 AM
Konica does sell a jig that will allow you to clean out the duct work of this series machine. This will help prevent the the machine from shorting out the HV unit. You just pull out the toner filter put the jig in and hook your vacuum cleaner to it then remove jig and reinstall filter. The part number for the jig is A5C0PJG000
A picture of jig attached

True that. However on this model C258 no such filter can be found.

Custom Search