PDA

View Full Version : Develop Ineo+258(Konica Minolta B. C258)tray 1 and tray 2 need a lot of power to open

Custom Search

spree
09-06-2022, 04:00 PM
Hello, today I want to clean pick-up rollers in tray 1 and tray 2. The trays I pulled with force out (at first I pulled out left side, than right side - I make cross pulling :-( ). And after that when I gave the trays back (with not cross giving back, but regullary straight left and right side in the same time), the trays 3/4 length of pushing goes good, but 1/4 lenght of pushing do not goes good. But the trays can be closed. And the printer normally printing. But when I want to open the trays I need a lot of power to open it!!!
Help please what is wrong? Have somebody this problem?

tsbservice
09-06-2022, 05:24 PM
Hello, today I want to clean pick-up rollers in tray 1 and tray 2. The trays I pulled with force out (at first I pulled out left side, than right side - I make cross pulling :-( ). And after that when I gave the trays back (with not cross giving back, but regullary straight left and right side in the same time), the trays 3/4 length of pushing goes good, but 1/4 lenght of pushing do not goes good. But the trays can be closed. And the printer normally printing. But when I want to open the trays I need a lot of power to open it!!!
Help please what is wrong? Have somebody this problem?

Did you push a little green tab(locking mechanism) on cassette left side. 4 series has plastic with screw there but in 8 KM changed this to more user friendly to help with removing paper jammed behind tray. But yeah sometimes they're not coming out easy.

spree
09-06-2022, 08:17 PM
Did you push a little green tab(locking mechanism) on cassette left side. 4 series has plastic with screw there but in 8 KM changed this to more user friendly to help with removing paper jammed behind tray. But yeah sometimes they're not coming out easy.

Yes I push little green tabs, but the trays do not want to come out, only left side come out as first and it came out with some force.
But now the problem is with opening the trays: when the trays are absolutly closed and you want to open it (for adding paper to them), you must pull it very hard to open it. Do you have any idea what can be wrong?

Albonline
09-06-2022, 08:25 PM
Yes I push little green tabs, but the trays do not want to come out, only left side come out as first and it came out with some force.
But now the problem is with opening the trays: when the trays are absolutly closed and you want to open it (for adding paper to them), you must pull it very hard to open it. Do you have any idea what can be wrong?

look at the white locking rods. they get worn. also check frame where they rub for burring.

spree
09-06-2022, 08:36 PM
look at the white locking rods. they get worn. also check frame where they rub for burring.
OK, I will check that tommorow. I pray it will be not damaged so much, or it will be not destroyed...

copyman
09-06-2022, 09:37 PM
I've seen where tray is really hard to open on the 4 series but not the 8 series... yet. It helps to put some light grease on the white piece that retracts when you pull on tray handle. Also have messed with the handle spring to get tray to open easier. Take tray out and look on underside where spring and white piece are.

No worries, nothing should be broken. Those tray are very durable

spree
09-07-2022, 11:59 AM
I tried to pull it out, but the handle broke :(. I dismatle all around (pick-up assembly out, ...), but the tray do not want to come out :(:(:(
Next week I will go there with my colleague and try to pull it out.

I've seen where tray is really hard to open on the 4 series but not the 8 series... yet. It helps to put some light grease on the white piece that retracts when you pull on tray handle. Also have messed with the handle spring to get tray to open easier. Take tray out and look on underside where spring and white piece are.

No worries, nothing should be broken. Those tray are very durable

Markks
09-10-2022, 02:46 AM
Its possible that your customer didn't have the rear guide up against the paper and the paper is in the left side of the tray. This would cause the machine to lift to max and force the paper up against the bottom of machine. you might be able to pull the tray lift motor off the rear of machine and release the pressure. Good luck

spree
09-10-2022, 06:29 AM
Yes, customer has the paper at the left side of the paper tray! I will try it with the tray lift motor, thank you.

Its possible that your customer didn't have the rear guide up against the paper and the paper is in the left side of the tray. This would cause the machine to lift to max and force the paper up against the bottom of machine. you might be able to pull the tray lift motor off the rear of machine and release the pressure. Good luck

allan
09-10-2022, 11:13 PM
Next time just push the tray in with one hand on the tray body somewhere and use the other hand on the handle to release the tray. Works every time.
On the older 4 series machines I instruct the customers to open the trays using that method. Its a design issue on these machine that came from the 4 series.

Never seen one ripped off before. This could be something else like mentioned. Like the lift sensor not working ok.
Did this happen after feed wheel installation? Not supposed to be possible to press the paper up against the feed unit if the sensor is working, even if there was paper on the left side.

I would start by making sure the white pins are retracted. If there are still engaged it could be lots of fun. All there years and I never had the fortune to encounter this. On the LCT's and production machines sure but not this type of drawer. Broke it right off huh?

spree
09-11-2022, 08:18 AM
Next time just push the tray in with one hand on the tray body somewhere and use the other hand on the handle to release the tray. Works every time.
On the older 4 series machines I instruct the customers to open the trays using that method. Its a design issue on these machine that came from the 4 series.

Never seen one ripped off before. This could be something else like mentioned. Like the lift sensor not working ok.
Did this happen after feed wheel installation? Not supposed to be possible to press the paper up against the feed unit if the sensor is working, even if there was paper on the left side.

I would start by making sure the white pins are retracted. If there are still engaged it could be lots of fun. All there years and I never had the fortune to encounter this. On the LCT's and production machines sure but not this type of drawer. Broke it right of huh?

I pulled out whole trays (I gave the trays away from the machine). But it did not want to go out at the left and right side together. Than I tried to pull out left side first, then right side (it goes with power). Than I cleaned pick-up rollers and put the trays back and this happened :( the trays did not want to open, only with force. Tray No. 2 I opened, but tray No. 1 did not want to open (than I broke the handle, because I used a lot of power). Than I dismount all around and the tray still do not want to go out.

allan
09-11-2022, 09:39 AM
I pulled out whole trays (I gave the trays away from the machine). But it did not want to go out at the left and right side together. Than I tried to pull out left side first, then right side (it goes with power). Than I cleaned pick-up rollers and put the trays back and this happened :( the trays did not want to open, only with force. Tray No. 2 I opened, but tray No. 1 did not want to open (than I broke the handle, because I used a lot of power). Than I dismount all around and the tray still do not want to go out.

I think you could have knocked out the sensor controlling the stack height. Or the latch pins in front is just stuck. Guess you will need to go in from the right hand side of the machine. Remove all the bottom covers and then see what happens it you loosen the paper feed section.

blackcat4866
09-11-2022, 02:05 PM
Have you gotten that tray out yet? There was a model ... I can't remember which ... it was necessary to remove the lift motor to allow the lift plate to drop. =^..^=

spree
09-11-2022, 04:14 PM
Have you gotten that tray out yet? There was a model ... I can't remember which ... it was necessary to remove the lift motor to allow the lift plate to drop. =^..^=
Only tray 2 is out. Tray 1 is still stucked.
But lift motor is accessible from the front side (and there is stucked tray no. 1).

spree
09-11-2022, 04:16 PM
I think you could have knocked out the sensor controlling the stack height. Or the latch pins in front is just stuck. Guess you will need to go in from the right hand side of the machine. Remove all the bottom covers and then see what happens it you loosen the paper feed section.

I dismounted out from the right side whole pick-up assembly, take out the paper from tray no. 1 and nothing happened - still stucked. Next week I will go there with my friend and try to pull it out...

spree
09-22-2022, 09:08 PM
All is done, the tray no. 1 was stucked at the right rear side - the metal hook made problems. We disassembly rear side of the machine, lift the metal hook from the rear side of the machine, pull out the tray no. 1 and cut off the metal hook. The same we made with tray No. 2. The handle was unmonted from the older machine and all is working. Thank you for your help.

allan
09-22-2022, 09:50 PM
All is done, the tray no. 1 was stucked at the right rear side - the metal hook made problems. We disassembly rear side of the machine, lift the metal hook from the rear side of the machine, pull out the tray no. 1 and cut off the metal hook. The same we made with tray No. 2. The handle was unmonted from the older machine and all is working. Thank you for your help.

Well thanks for letting us know. Never thought that that would have been possible. Tarzan got frustrated or something, who knows could have been a Karen suffering some PMS. Then there is the possibility that zero concern was given about the tray locks...

That is 1.6mm sheet metal with no leverage on such a small tab. a Lot of force required to do that.

tsbservice
09-22-2022, 09:53 PM

Wow! Thanks for following up and pictures.

Custom Search