PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub color IU life counter

Custom Search

Kmdurrin
01-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Is there a specific part of the machine management list that I need to check to see the exact number of prints on each IU? The standard MML gives me a meter count, but is that the same as the copy count? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fixthecopier
01-23-2009, 10:34 PM
I may be wrong, but I think that the meter for color is as close as you can get. Some machines count drum rotations, to get to the end of life.

pepper38_cnd
01-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Most management list show IU life in minutes, this is the actual time the IU is engaged and it includes Stabilization, rotation at warm up and actual color copies. That is why customer who do very little color copying may have the IU Life warning having done only a few thousand color copies. What model are you referring to? I can give you the expected life in minutes. Just divide the number you see on the management list by the expected life in minutes multiply by 100 and you will have the percentage of life you have used. Here is the C350 for example

http://www.geocities.com/pepper38_cnd/C350Life.jpg

fixthecopier
01-24-2009, 05:27 PM
What would be the use of that calculation? If you do not know how many black prints you will do in the future, you could not tell how much of the life of the color units is left. How close will these numbers come to predicting the color life? Would not a meter count be close enough? What are the odds of a color going 100%?

pepper38_cnd
01-24-2009, 10:42 PM
I believe most color engines use some sort of duty cycle count like minutes or revolutions for life and maintenance counters. Are they exactly the same method as KonicaMinolta? I can't say, but I do know that techs who work on other brands complain about the same issues when it come to consumables. But the newer models are far superior at reaching expected consumable life.

Kmdurrin
01-26-2009, 03:16 PM
The main reason I need to see exact copy count has to do with the new KMBS warranty system. If the unit reaches anything less than 80% life, it is eligible for a discounted replacement (17% off @ 80% life, and an additional 17% off per 10% less life the unit reaches, until 20% when the unit is replaced for no charge). KMBS requires that I have the copy count on the unit, along with the machine management list to file claims on these, so having the exact count is essential. Would a consumables report show this count? (This applies to all bizhub color models)

pepper38_cnd
01-26-2009, 05:11 PM
The main reason I need to see exact copy count has to do with the new KMBS warranty system. If the unit reaches anything less than 80% life, it is eligible for a discounted replacement (17% off @ 80% life, and an additional 17% off per 10% less life the unit reaches, until 20% when the unit is replaced for no charge). KMBS requires that I have the copy count on the unit, along with the machine management list to file claims on these, so having the exact count is essential. Would a consumables report show this count? (This applies to all bizhub color models)

To know the exact copy count you would have to have the meter reading on the install date of the iu and the reading on the replacement date. Here in Canada warranty is base on minutes or one year.

random
01-26-2009, 05:44 PM
If you goto the consumables screen and print out the life this will give the life in minutes. This machine does not count iu life by page count.

Kmdurrin
01-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the info, everyone

Custom Search