PDA

View Full Version : Why are my magenta prints Faded in one side? konica c360

Custom Search

Termi
09-09-2022, 11:39 AM
hello i am having konica c360, just installed new imaging unit due to corona charge grid spark in magenta, added new developer in magenta developing unit , but still there are patches in halftone test print in magenta, and when i print normally my prints are filled with magenta, can anybody help me with this issue . i am uploading attachments for better understanding. Previously after 50 copies my magenta toner used to peel of after printing

copyman
09-09-2022, 01:15 PM
Still looks like developer is low.

What are the levels under state confirmation in service mode. I suspect the magenta will be off.

Aftermarket toner or drum? You can easily swap drum with another color to see if quality changes. This will eliminate drum.

Gift
09-09-2022, 01:25 PM
Looks like everything is aftermarket^^

Termi
09-09-2022, 01:30 PM
Still looks like developer is low.

What are the levels under state confirmation in service mode. I suspect the magenta will be off.

Aftermarket toner or drum? You can easily swap drum with another color to see if quality changes. This will eliminate drum.

Swapped the drum but same issues .. original toner original drum. TCR LEVEL STATE CONFIRMATION MAGENTA 4.50 CYAN 5 BLACK AND YELLOW 5.15. I AM THINKING THAT THIS MAYBE BECAUSE OF DEV UNIT . BCOZ AS I SAID PREVIOUSLY IN 50 COPIES MAGENTA TONER USED TO PEEL OFF FROM PRINT/COPY

Larhal
09-09-2022, 01:43 PM
Magenta peeling off? Fuser

Albonline
09-09-2022, 02:02 PM
Swapped the drum but same issues .. original toner original drum. TCR LEVEL STATE CONFIRMATION MAGENTA 4.50 CYAN 5 BLACK AND YELLOW 5.15. I AM THINKING THAT THIS MAYBE BECAUSE OF DEV UNIT . BCOZ AS I SAID PREVIOUSLY IN 50 COPIES MAGENTA TONER USED TO PEEL OFF FROM PRINT/COPY

That would have been your mag developer peeling. (fuser not hot enough to melt iron) if it was ending up on your paper, the belt cleaning system took a whole lot of it.

Termi
09-09-2022, 06:06 PM
That would have been your mag developer peeling. (fuser not hot enough to melt iron) if it was ending up on your paper, the belt cleaning system took a whole lot of it.

So what should i do?? Change developer unit or fuser bcoz rest all cyan black yellow are properly printed . I have only problem with magenta .. almost 6 developers replaced in magenta

Termi
09-09-2022, 06:07 PM
Looks like everything is aftermarket^^

Why so??

Albonline
09-09-2022, 06:52 PM
So what should i do?? Change developer unit or fuser bcoz rest all cyan black yellow are properly printed . I have only problem with magenta .. almost 6 developers replaced in magenta

if its going through new km factory units I would be looking into toner density levels. if you are simply reloading your old developer units i would try a new km unit. this line of mfps was noted for consumable life overrun tolerance ,that being said they only go so far.

L0rdC
09-12-2022, 07:47 AM
development unit M is new or rebuilt? if it's rebuilt, remember to reset the unit, try swapping the M drum for the Y, other than that, it seems the developers aren't right, those TCR levels aren't stable

Gift
09-12-2022, 10:20 AM
Why so??

Just reading the hints like "just added new developer into dev unit" :p

Termi
09-13-2022, 10:47 AM
Just reading the hints like "just added new developer into dev unit" :p

yess i added developer to new dev unit bcoz magenta developer finished very soon .. the only problem i am having is in magenta . rest everything works fine . thanks for helping . i am just new to the industry need to learn many things

Gift
09-13-2022, 01:58 PM
yess i added developer to new dev unit bcoz magenta developer finished very soon .. the only problem i am having is in magenta . rest everything works fine . thanks for helping . i am just new to the industry need to learn many things

Perhaps the magenta dev unit is faulty or that developer you're using is bad quality.
Usually you should swap the entire dev unit and not replace the powder - I know this can work well but that's not guaranteed.
As the others said it's also important to chip the unit.

Plan b might b using a BK dev unit and convert it to color, haven't done it with that series though.

Albonline
09-13-2022, 03:59 PM

As i said b4 get a genuine konica developer unit. install it according to the service manual instructions, doing all suggested adjustments. then monitor the toner level history. the hopper may be damaged or high voltage board not up to snuff , i have seen piles of toner short out the hv system. also if the mad oiler worked on this unit i would be looking for paths to ground for the cyan bias .

Custom Search