PDA

View Full Version : C454e unable to change Authentication

Custom Search

Jp2
09-12-2022, 06:30 PM
I recently purchased a C454e from a goverment surplus auction, this perticular MFP came from a military base.
They had removed the hard drive and a few other components. I replaced the items and everything seems to work with the exception of network printing.
The machine seems to delete the print job for anything coming over the network, usb printing works...
I believe that the issue stems from the printer looking for an active directory server on the "User Auth/Account Track" "Authentication Type" "User Authentication" I cannot select anything, it is fixed on "ON (External Server)"
I have attached a screen shot of the setting I am talking about.54615
I would appreciate any help on figuring out how to use MFP authentication or no authentication.

I have cleared all data, formated the hard drive and formated the SSD.
I first flashed the firmware to version A5C10Y0-F000-GDS-M1(00) then to version A5C10Y0-F000-GDT-M1(00), still no change.

Synthohol
09-12-2022, 06:54 PM
have you looked in "stop 0 clear"?
make sure vendor devices show not set and uninstall the driver in service mode, system 2 driver install. (uninstall if present)

Albonline
09-12-2022, 07:01 PM
I recently purchased a C454e from a goverment surplus auction, this perticular MFP came from a military base.
They had removed the hard drive and a few other components. I replaced the items and everything seems to work with the exception of network printing.
The machine seems to delete the print job for anything coming over the network, usb printing works...
I believe that the issue stems from the printer looking for an active directory server on the "User Auth/Account Track" "Authentication Type" "User Authentication" I cannot select anything, it is fixed on "ON (External Server)"
I have attached a screen shot of the setting I am talking about.54615
I would appreciate any help on figuring out how to use MFP authentication or no authentication.

I have cleared all data, formated the hard drive and formated the SSD.
I first flashed the firmware to version A5C10Y0-F000-GDS-M1(00) then to version A5C10Y0-F000-GDT-M1(00), still no change.

remove the au device and the driver for it.

emujo2
09-12-2022, 09:16 PM
This is from CAC/PIV being installed..There is a soft switch setting that needs to be changed to take it out of this mode, and, since it's an older machine, probably CAC/PIV firmware as well. There is no way to bypass authentication on a device in this mode, although you can enable the public user to at least make copies, but you will still see the authentication screen. If you are a trained tech and have the manuals you should be able to do this..As it is CAC/PIV, I will not give you the soft switches that need to be changed as this could result in a possible classified data leak. E

Jp2
09-13-2022, 06:59 AM
The last post hit the nail on the head... soft switch settings were still present.
Thanks for the help!

JasonSBE
09-15-2022, 06:03 PM
I thought external authentication was setup under Billing Setting of service mode on the 4e series. Pull up service mode, then hit stop 9 and under Management Function Choice. Should be set to "Unset".

Edit:

Didn't see that you already found a resolution. Cheers.

emujo2
09-16-2022, 08:22 PM
I thought external authentication was setup under Billing Setting of service mode on the 4e series. Pull up service mode, then hit stop 9 and under Management Function Choice. Should be set to "Unset".

Edit:

Didn't see that you already found a resolution. Cheers.

I think you have a few features mixed up..External authentication is a login mode setup in Admin. billing settings would enable the authentication device (au-205/205H ect)..Any government CAC/PIV will be External Server Authentication, and the AU-211P enabled (allows them to use their CAC to swipe for login copy/scan to email, and ID and print).

Custom Search