PDA

View Full Version : make c454 always print 2 copies

Custom Search

cube10025@gmail.com
09-20-2022, 10:26 AM
I have a client ho prints deliverynotes and wants 2 copies. So when printing 1 copies it is supposed to print 2, 3 copies print 6 copies and so on.

I have set it up as V4 driver shared with GPO and default print settings to 2 copies but the clients overrides number of copies, other settings apply however.

Any idé how I set this up?

Gift
09-20-2022, 12:29 PM
I have a client ho prints deliverynotes and wants 2 copies. So when printing 1 copies it is supposed to print 2, 3 copies print 6 copies and so on.

I have set it up as V4 driver shared with GPO and default print settings to 2 copies but the clients overrides number of copies, other settings apply however.

Any idé how I set this up?

If the application can determine the number of prints it will probably override the driver setting. Perhaps the program that put out the delivery notes can accomplish this?

Synthohol
09-20-2022, 02:03 PM
but the clients overrides number of copies,
you cant fix stupid.
client behavior is not your problem.

tulintron
09-20-2022, 07:57 PM

Any idé how I set this up?Why doesn't the customer ask for 6 to get out 6, instead of asking 3 to get out 6?

allan
09-20-2022, 08:15 PM
Here is what you do to fix stupid... You fix it with more stupid.
Create a printer driver instance for every option up to 6 to print 12 and just set the default setting of "<pintername> one invoice" to 2 copies "<pritername> two invoices" 4 copies and so on and make them select the right printer from the list.
The make them so dependent on your machine and ways my making one print on yellow and the other on blue just to sell the stupidity.
:rolleyes:

emujo2
09-20-2022, 08:29 PM
I don't even understand the problem...

femaster
09-20-2022, 09:07 PM
If they always need 2 copies of everything printed:

In copier:
Utility --> User Settings --> Printer Settings --> Basic Settings --> Number of Copies --> 2.

tsbservice
09-20-2022, 09:57 PM
This is probably IT guy asking here so... but like femaster's answer :)
In the end of the day I think Synthohol nails it with the hammer!

cube10025@gmail.com
09-21-2022, 12:11 PM
I don´t understand what your problem is!

So the costumer have 40 clients connected to this printer, they need 2 copies of every delivery note. There former printer was set up like this. The printer has one yellow and one white sheet so it needs to be in order.

Not all the workers will understand that they need to change the number of copies, that is the point.

cube10025@gmail.com
09-21-2022, 12:12 PM
If they always need 2 copies of everything printed:

In copier:
Utility --> User Settings --> Printer Settings --> Basic Settings --> Number of Copies --> 2.

Yes seems the only answer, but they use the printer for other things.

B0265
09-21-2022, 12:56 PM
Are you forced to use the V4 driver?
In the V3 drivers there is a setting called "carbon copy" that might solve your problem.

cube10025@gmail.com
09-21-2022, 02:25 PM
Are you forced to use the V4 driver?
In the V3 drivers there is a setting called "carbon copy" that might solve your problem.

Yes that was the problem, had to use V4 driver on print manager reinstalled the printer on RDS server and shared it with regular driver works fine now, its the V4 driver that blocks the settings several copies.

femaster
09-21-2022, 02:50 PM
Yes that was the problem, had to use V4 driver on print manager reinstalled the printer on RDS server and shared it with regular driver works fine now, its the V4 driver that blocks the settings several copies.

I can't say that I am the most knowledgeable person when it comes to the print drivers, but does the V4 driver not have the Carbon Copy option? I only ask as the V5 driver we are using with our in-house C654e machine still lists the Carbon Copy option under the "Cover Mode" tab in the print driver. I've never used that function, so I can't offer any advice about it.

cube10025@gmail.com
09-21-2022, 06:34 PM
I can't say that I am the most knowledgeable person when it comes to the print drivers, but does the V4 driver not have the Carbon Copy option? I only ask as the V5 driver we are using with our in-house C654e machine still lists the Carbon Copy option under the "Cover Mode" tab in the print driver. I've never used that function, so I can't offer any advice about it.

I did not see Cover mode, there are several settings missing in V4 driver. I was able to turn off the duplex but number of copies did not carry to the client.

Gift
09-22-2022, 07:03 AM
What about the V3 driver as suggested by B0265 - sounded lika a good hint to me...It wouldn't be the first feature that got lost with a new driver generation.

cube10025@gmail.com
09-22-2022, 07:50 AM
What about the V3 driver as suggested by B0265 - sounded lika a good hint to me...It wouldn't be the first feature that got lost with a new driver generation.

Would be great but V3 driver when used in print manager clients needs admin rights to install.

B0265
09-22-2022, 07:57 AM

V3/V4 in this case refers to the Microsoft printer driver model, not the actual driver version.

Gift
09-22-2022, 08:17 AM
Would be great but V3 driver when used in print manager clients needs admin rights to install.

What's the problem? Did the customer forget his credentials?

If I were you I'd check out that driver on your notebook and see if it would accomplish all demands - if you're shure it does you can tell the customer this is your suggestion.
If they can't install it -> not your problem any more, you already did a lot of "good will" work they should be thankful ybout.

B0265
09-22-2022, 08:36 AM
I think the problem he has is caused by the Microsoft updates to adress the "Print Nightmare" security vulnerability.
KB5005652—Manage new Point and Print default driver installation behavior (CVE-2021-34481) (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5005652-manage-new-point-and-print-default-driver-installation-behavior-cve-2021-34481-873642bf-2634-49c5-a23b-6d8e9a302872)

femaster
09-23-2022, 03:44 AM
V3/V4 in this case refers to the Microsoft printer driver model, not the actual driver version.

Ah, thank you for the clarification on that! I was in fact referring to the driver version. Learned something new today. :cool:

Custom Search