PDA

View Full Version : C458 - Scan to Onedrive

Custom Search

Kenny
09-23-2022, 08:43 AM
Hi guys,

dont suppose anyone has any guides on how to set up scan to Onedrive?

we have a customer moving from their server to Onedrive.

Kenny
09-23-2022, 09:16 AM
Hi guys,

dont suppose anyone has any guides on how to set up scan to Onedrive?

we have a customer moving from their server to Onedrive.

i have managed to install market place on the machine and have downloaded the one drive connector app, i have set it up on a machine in our office for testing. now i set it up with my email and checked on my phone for the scanned document which came through. now to implement this onto a customers site, would they need an admin email account so everyone can access the files on one drive or would they need to log into their email when connecting to the one drive app? never really used this before

Kenny
09-23-2022, 09:42 AM
i have managed to install market place on the machine and have downloaded the one drive connector app, i have set it up on a machine in our office for testing. now i set it up with my email and checked on my phone for the scanned document which came through. now to implement this onto a customers site, would they need an admin email account so everyone can access the files on one drive or would they need to log into their email when connecting to the one drive app? never really used this before

when i look at the app on market place, it only says to install the demo version and not actually purchase the app? is it available here in the UK?

Kenny
09-26-2022, 09:14 AM
is the onedrive connector app available here in the UK? or can i use the US version?

emujo2
09-26-2022, 04:09 PM
Why don't you download the US demo version and try it..If it works you can grab the paid version..I would recommend against using your email address to download apps and demos..The customer needs to create an account for the MFP to use..If you are using yours, you will find that your demo versions go away after use. E

Kenny
09-27-2022, 09:22 AM
looks like we cant get the application :( tried registering the device on the US store but wont install the machine, will only do it on the GB store,

thanks for your help anyway

rrrohan
09-28-2022, 05:20 AM
looks like we cant get the application :( tried registering the device on the US store but wont install the machine, will only do it on the GB store,

thanks for your help anyway

yeah the market it region locked.

I tried getting our copier to use the USA site instead of Australia because the amount of apps on our market is very limited for some reason.

But even if you do get it to install the app its pretty crappy in my opinion and not worth the hassle

DadO
09-28-2022, 05:58 AM
In my "scan to onedrive" case i instaled filezila server (or any other FTP scan app) on one of costumer PC's and set the save folder on filezila to save scan to onedrive folder....works magically. I know its not great solution but it can get u start somewhere :)

tsbservice
09-28-2022, 06:30 AM
Kenny, I know it's not the same but I setup scan to PC(SMB) folder and sync real time this folder with customer's Google drive account - no problems as long as scanning target PC is working of course. I can imagine it will work similar with Onedrive. No need of connectors and stupid Marketplace.

rrrohan
09-28-2022, 06:32 AM
Kenny, I know it's not the same but I setup scan to PC(SMB) folder and sync real time this folder with customer's Google drive account - no problems as long as scanning target PC is working of course. I can imagine it will work similar with Onedrive. No need of connectors and stupid Marketplace.

yeah that works. just means you cant control which folder it does in without creating multiple scan destinations on the copier.

you used to be able to do it with webdav years ago but not anymore

Kenny
09-28-2022, 08:41 AM

Thanks again guys, will try this way! :D

Custom Search