PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C3350i and marketplace

Custom Search

emujo2
09-23-2022, 08:59 PM
Anyone had an issue where market place is not present? IWS in on, firmware and soft switches are up to date and correct (172 and 25). Market place is not present under registered APPS..We tried to use the marketplace install tool, but no joy..It looks like this particular model does not support the installer. SSD has no idea..Hoping someone has seen this. E

blackcat4866
09-23-2022, 09:20 PM
I've removed Marketplace from plenty of those C3350i series. We have a customer that runs PaperCut that insists that it interferes with the PaperCut installation. I've become fairly adept at removing it.

Perhaps it's an early release machine that did not get the installation. Is the firmware up to date? =^..^=

allan
09-23-2022, 09:24 PM
Yea that I disabled during the installations. What if you search for it under admin with the search function. Nothing there?

emujo2
09-23-2022, 09:38 PM
Yes..the option is there, but when you enable, restart, after a few min it says "can't connect to marketplace" and throws a 0015 error. We have several other of these and other i series on the same network segment that are functioning fine. Tech can get to the internet when connected to the same port, and Vcare is working..Seems like the issue the APP cannot reach marketplace to either install or update. Unfortunately we are trying to add a onedrive app so we have to get it working. Thanks for any input..E

Edit...Tech did replace the baseboard..this changes the MAC address and requires a procedure to be performed and LMS updated..This is probably what the issue is..The tech is unable to get into HTTPS://XXX to get a request code. We are gonna try a new cert and SSL/TLS settings next week to see if this resolves the issue.

tsbservice
09-24-2022, 09:44 PM
What a waste of time and money on such mangy machine. Is the marketplace enabled under IWS?
Can you initialize all and start setup from the beginning?

allan
09-24-2022, 09:51 PM
Are the licenses are tied to the MAC address?

emujo2
09-26-2022, 05:24 PM
I'm not sure, but the MAC address is not what KM thinks it is, and due to SSL issues we are unable to get into the PSWC to generate the code we need. Ed

Albonline
09-27-2022, 03:13 PM
Are the licenses are tied to the MAC address?

yes, to the base board actually base cpu id and ssd are involved in the licensing. check the sn's of the scanner and adf and main body. you may need to get an initialization code.

emujo2
09-27-2022, 03:37 PM
It's interesting you mention the S/N's We haev verified that the machine's S/N is correct, A93Exxxxxxxxx, but LMS says its AC7XXXXXXXXXXX. I wonder if a wrong ADF or Scanner S/N is causing this..Will check as we have not made any progress.

Albonline
09-27-2022, 03:47 PM
It's interesting you mention the S/N's We haev verified that the machine's S/N is correct, A93Exxxxxxxxx, but LMS says its AC7XXXXXXXXXXX. I wonder if a wrong ADF or Scanner S/N is causing this..Will check as we have not made any progress.

did you reset the base board before you booted the machine up ? the sn differences signify two different speed units. (you would have to have put the id board in with the base to end up with what you say is happening).

allan
09-27-2022, 03:50 PM
Don't have one to check but can you change the main body SN# on this model?

Albonline
09-27-2022, 03:56 PM
Don't have one to check but can you change the main body SN# on this model?
yes like c250i as far as os architecture.

Albonline
09-27-2022, 04:03 PM
FYI no km app will load without the unit having a valid license.

emujo2
09-27-2022, 04:42 PM
what license are you speaking about? We are just trying to get the marketplace app to turn on..We haven't even gotten to the point where we want to add an app. E

allan
09-27-2022, 05:26 PM
Does it show a license management error any where? Try the old SN hack on it and change the serial back again. As far as I understand that will still work on the newer machines.

Sure the board replacement procedure was followed correctly?

Albonline
09-27-2022, 05:33 PM
what license are you speaking about? We are just trying to get the marketplace app to turn on..We haven't even gotten to the point where we want to add an app. E

each mfp is licensed/registered with km. the newer machines will only show a license management error on the lms screen.

Custom Search