PDA

View Full Version : removing uk-204 and disabling ocr function on c454e

Custom Search

adecanmin
09-24-2022, 04:40 AM
Gentlemen

Customer does not want it on his machine. I don't know how to disable it. I've read if I remove the UK-204 I'll get a service code.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EarthKmTech
09-24-2022, 04:54 AM
Gentlemen

Customer does not want it on his machine. I don't know how to disable it. I've read if I remove the UK-204 I'll get a service code.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Disable the LK in the licence management server following the steps to remove it off the machine also - keep the token code once released and use it on another machine.

Once the LK is removed you can remove the additional ram which is mandatory for the licence kit.

adecanmin
09-24-2022, 05:17 AM
[QUOTE=EarthKmTech;2215394]Disable the LK in the licence management server following the steps to remove it off the machine also - keep the token code once released and use it on another machine.

Once the LK is removed you can remove the additional ram which is mandatory for the licence kit.[/QUOTE

I saw the procedure for installing a license. I don't see the steps to remove it. I read on this site that I may need a license release code? These techs were getting a license management error. I bought the machine used. Never noticed the OCR function until the customer complained about it.

Kenny
09-26-2022, 09:19 AM
you need to disable it here before you remove the UK204:

License Management System (https://lms.konicaminolta.com/license/KM/Support.aspx)

adecanmin
09-26-2022, 12:36 PM

License Management System (https://lms.konicaminolta.com/license/KM/Support.aspx)

Ok.
Thanks

adecanmin
09-26-2022, 01:04 PM

Pardon my ignorance. I'm assuming that screen is on the copier not the interface. Do I need to have Marketplace installed to access it? Up to this point I have not been able to see the screen shot you sent me

Kenny
09-26-2022, 01:49 PM
Pardon my ignorance. I'm assuming that screen is on the copier not the interface. Do I need to have Marketplace installed to access it? Up to this point I have not been able to see the screen shot you sent me

What i have attached is a weblink to the site LMS (license management system) you will have to create an account to access it, it does specify in the manual on the exact procedure

adecanmin
09-26-2022, 02:28 PM
What i have attached is a weblink to the site LMS (license management system) you will have to create an account to access it, it does specify in the manual on the exact procedure

Great. Thanks

femaster
09-26-2022, 03:01 PM

You could try the following link as well. It is also a link to the LMS (License Management Service). This link recognizes my Konica login credentials, whereas the previously provided link does not for whatever reason.

LINK REDACTED as it would not function without my KM user credentials being embedded into the URL.

(https://lms.konicaminolta.com/licensebus/km/support_us.aspx)

adecanmin
09-26-2022, 03:24 PM
You could try the following link as well. It is also a link to the LMS (License Management Service). This link recognizes my Konica login credentials, whereas the previously provided link does not for whatever reason.

License Management Service.

(https://lms.konicaminolta.com/licensebus/km/support_us.aspx)

The link did not work for me

Server Error in '/Licensebus' Application.The resource cannot be found.Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /licensebus/km/LoginErrorPage.aspx

emujo2
09-26-2022, 04:15 PM
This is a 4 step process

1. Access LMS to generate the deactivation code (you will need MFP S/N)
2. Enter deactivation code either via service mode or admin
3. Generate deactivation code from MFP
4. Enter deactivation code complete in LMS

The machine only uses the additional memory for the LKs so it can be left in without any affects, you may also want to remove the OCR font file that was added in service mode, but again, not necessary.

ltdiniz
09-26-2022, 06:20 PM
Hello, I found this Bulletin in my archives.
Follow I hope it helps the Forum colleagues follow attached the
deactivation procedure.

femaster
09-26-2022, 06:26 PM
The link did not work for me

Server Error in '/Licensebus' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /licensebus/km/LoginErrorPage.aspx

You are correct, I get that now as well. Looking at the actual link I click on through the KM website to get there, it appears that the URL includes my user credentials which must authenticate with the LMS server before bringing me to the URL I provided in my post. I've tried to remove my encoded credentials from the URL, however it leads nowhere at that point. I tested the link after posting it and it did work. I can only assume that was because I was still authenticated to their server. I'll redact the link in my original post as it appears it will not be helpful to anyone. Sorry about that.

adecanmin
09-27-2022, 01:33 AM
Thanks for everyone's help. When I attempt the removal, I'll post back my results

adecanmin
10-10-2022, 11:35 PM
Gentlemen
I followed the instructions for the deactivation procedure. I did not realize the copier issues it's own deactivation code that must be used on LMS. The bulletin I was using had blurry numbers on it so I couldn't tell the numbers were different. I restarted the machine without making note of the the 35 digit code that I had to input into the LMS. I can not deactivate it on the Konica Minolta site. The machine has the LK-101 v3 and a LK-105 v3. The first one is the one I deactivated on the copier. It won't allow me to get the deactivation code for the LK-105 v3 until I finish the first one. Can that code still be found on the copier? Or should I reinstall the license ( I have the tokens) then uninstall it again.

adecanmin
10-11-2022, 12:52 AM
I actually had the deactivation bulletin. I didn't know I had it and I found this

Note: If the Deactivation Complete Code was not printed before cycling power, it can be obtainedagain. Reenter Service Mode – Billing Mode; press
[List], then the [Start] button.
14. Cycle the MFP power OFF/ON

Custom Search