PDA

View Full Version : Slowly going mad ... Bizhub c454e doesn't want to print on 4x6 postcards?

Custom Search

frood
09-29-2022, 02:36 PM
Hi all,

Short background on me> sysadmin, webadmin, hacker, car-fixer, HVAC tech, 3-D printer nerd.

Trying (in vain...) to print to 4x6 postcards from a 4x6 postcard file.

I have followed the instructions for printing postcards in the online manual, here:
Changing the Paper Size or Type (https://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C554-C454-C364-C284-C224/EN/contents/id01-0051.html#p28)
[SEE BOTTOM OF POST IF YOU LIKE LABELED APPENDIX A]

HIT PRINT IN POWERPOINT
As per directions (above), I set the PRINT SETTINGS in the driver.
(see attachments)

And set the PAPER SETTINGS FOR EACH TRAY
(see attachments)

I load a chunk of 4x6 into the bypass tray, and hit PRINT.

RESULT:
I keep getting this error: (note: there is no paper in Tray 1, and I'm setting BYPASS TRAY in the print dialog settings.)
"Unable to feed current Thin Paper size. Select from the following paper size(s).
: Longer than 6 inches"

If I go to the printer, hit COPIER, I can adjust the paper, but if I select 4x6 Postcard, I get THIS error:

HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

I'm clearly missing something. Assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Gaffers01
10-03-2022, 10:12 AM
Have you checked the sizes on the photocopier as this must match the size you are trying to print.

Try photocopying from that tray (bypass) and see if it comes up with the same error.

blackcat4866
10-03-2022, 02:31 PM
I suspect that your Microsoft application is holding a previous print setting, over-riding the print driver setting, specifically THIN media type or tray #1 paper source. Its not uncommon on Microsoft apps. Try converting your page to PDF before printing. By all appearances your print driver settings are correct. And to my surprise ... yes, 4" x 6" SEF cardstock is an acceptable media size & weight. =^..^=

emujo2
10-03-2022, 03:08 PM
Empty the trays and bypass, send the job again designated as bypass. You should get a message "load X by X paper (plain, thick ect)..put the media in the bypass tray and let the machine know. If the guides are adjusted correctly it should pull from the bypass tray

Edit** tray 1 is designated 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 thin, and the machine is trying to pull from there..I think the Cat is correct..Your job properties are overriding the driver settings..Take a look at the per page settings..

blackcat4866
10-03-2022, 08:25 PM
I'll also suggest going mad more quickly. You'll suffer less.

At a certain point I you really start to enjoy going mad. =^..^=

frood
10-03-2022, 08:43 PM
I'll also suggest going mad more quickly. You'll suffer less.

At a certain point I you really start to enjoy going mad. =^..^=

Along the same lines:

"Insanity is a gradual process, don’t rush it." Ford Prefect to Arthur Dent, Fit the Thirteenth of The Tertiary Phase(The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)

Gift
10-21-2022, 09:04 AM
Is that office document also 4x6? The document format/size info can override the driver setting and cause size-conflict error messages.

But your message is a bit weird - it's actually referring to the paper type. Driver settings looks OK but you need to set the paper type on the printer, too.
You can do that from copy screen, just select the bypass und from there you can adjust the sick... ehrm thickness^^

blackcat4866
10-21-2022, 02:50 PM
Have you made any progress, frood?

Printing your cards, or going mad? We're all curious. =^..^=

frood
10-21-2022, 02:50 PM
I posted a response some time ago, but it didn't appear for some reason.

Evidently the error message was UNRELATED to the bypass tray paper size. While trying to get the machine to accept the 4x6 postcards, I had moved the guides of Tray 1 (internal) so that they were smaller than the minimum paper length of 6" for that tray.

The issue:
Even though the tray was not being used for anything and empty of paper, the fact that the guides were in such an "impossible" configuration caused an error that pre-empted using the machine at all.

The solution:
Was just to move Tray 1 paper guides back to a standard size 8.5x11 (an acceptable/possible paper size). As an acceptable paper size, it cleared/prevented the error. Without the error, following the 4x6 printing directions as written in the manual worked fine.

blackcat4866
10-21-2022, 02:53 PM
Well that is interesting! Thanks for sharing. =^..^=

tsbservice
10-21-2022, 06:50 PM
I posted a response some time ago, but it didn't appear for some reason.

Evidently the error message was UNRELATED to the bypass tray paper size. While trying to get the machine to accept the 4x6 postcards, I had moved the guides of Tray 1 (internal) so that they were smaller than the minimum paper length of 6" for that tray.

The issue:
Even though the tray was not being used for anything and empty of paper, the fact that the guides were in such an "impossible" configuration caused an error that pre-empted using the machine at all.

The solution:
Was just to move Tray 1 paper guides back to a standard size 8.5x11 (an acceptable/possible paper size). As an acceptable paper size, it cleared/prevented the error. Without the error, following the 4x6 printing directions as written in the manual worked fine.

Isn't picture 3 saying the same?

Custom Search