PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Cyan halftone pattern color off

Custom Search

BWMMA
09-30-2022, 09:47 PM
I have a Bizhub C558 that is having an issue with cyan. All other colors look fine, but the cyan halftone pattern is only printing solid cyan on the bottom but is light colored the rest of the way across the page (image attached) machine has "drum/developing unit error (C)" and stabilizer always says NG.

What I've done already:
-replaced cyan drum and developing unit
-replaced high voltage board
-replaced transfer belt
-replaced FRB

The problem still persists after replacing these parts, any ideas of what it could be?

EarthKmTech
10-01-2022, 01:15 AM
Check the operation of the locking cams (connected to the blue drum locking lever) and ensure the developing unit is being pressed against the drum correctly.

Gaffers01
10-03-2022, 10:04 AM
Looks like a drum unit issue!

Is it a genuine cyan drum unit or a black one changed to colour as i think you haven't taken all the right bits off:confused:

BWMMA
10-03-2022, 01:22 PM
@Gaffers01 - the cyan drum is a genuine drum from Konica Minolta. no chip swaps or anything

BWMMA
10-03-2022, 01:24 PM
@EarthKMtech - I'll take a look at the locking cams and I'll reply back afterwards to let you know if that was the issue or not

BWMMA
10-04-2022, 01:53 PM
@EarthKmTech- I checked the locking cams on the front-side and back-side. Both lift up fine and levels dev. unit with drum, but the issue still persists.

Gaffers01
10-04-2022, 02:03 PM
@EarthKmTech- I checked the locking cams on the front-side and back-side. Both lift up fine and levels dev. unit with drum, but the issue still persists.

Try swapping the yellow drum in there and see if that makes any difference?
if not swap the yellow developer unit with the cyan and see if it makes any difference?

BWMMA
10-04-2022, 08:00 PM
Thank y'all for the help, I just figured out what was causing the issue. I pulled out the new transfer belt I installed and a piece of plastic was broken near the cyan pressure roller in the belt causing one side to not make contact (pictures attached) the left side picture is where it broke and the right side picture is what the other pressure roller spots that aren't damaged for comparison. I put a used transfer belt in and cyan prints like it should. The new transfer belt must've came damaged in the box.

tsbservice
10-04-2022, 08:09 PM
Thank y'all for the help, I just figured out what was causing the issue. I pulled out the new transfer belt I installed and a piece of plastic was broken near the cyan pressure roller in the belt causing one side to not make contact (pictures attached) the left side picture is where it broke and the right side picture is what the other pressure roller spots that aren't damaged for comparison. I put a used transfer belt in and cyan prints like it should. The new transfer belt must've came damaged in the box.

That's some bad luck. So you probably first replaced ITB unit and then start chasing your tail....

blackcat4866
10-04-2022, 08:24 PM
That kind of damage can occur when removing or installing the primary transfer belt unit. I saw it especially on the xx4e series. It was necessary to remove a few pieces from the outer door to get the belt unit out. If a person were to just force it out ... that's what you get. =^..^=

BWMMA
10-04-2022, 08:37 PM
@Blackcat- nothing felt forced when removing old transfer belt or when installing the new one. It was damaged in the box and I didn't realize it. This has been my first time seeing this issue and I've replaced several transfer belts and this has never happened. I just have to make sure I check everywhere on new units for damage from now on. Luckily the 8 series and up don't have those door blocks on the right side anymore

tulintron
10-04-2022, 08:38 PM
I have a Bizhub C558 that is having an issue with cyan. All other colors look fine, but the cyan halftone pattern is only printing solid cyan on the bottom but is light colored the rest of the way across the page (image attached) machine has "drum/developing unit error (C)" and stabilizer always says NG.

What I've done already:
-replaced cyan drum and developing unit
-replaced high voltage board
-replaced transfer belt
-replaced FRB

The problem still persists after replacing these parts, any ideas of what it could be?You said you had changed.

femaster
10-05-2022, 03:42 AM
@Blackcat- nothing felt forced when removing old transfer belt or when installing the new one. It was damaged in the box and I didn't realize it. This has been my first time seeing this issue and I've replaced several transfer belts and this has never happened. I just have to make sure I check everywhere on new units for damage from now on. Luckily the 8 series and up don't have those door blocks on the right side anymore

I will concur with you on the out of box damage. We've probably had a total of about 4 belts of this part number, out of the multiple hundreds we've installed over the years, that have had one of the roller mounts broken right out of the box. It's very rare, but it definitely happens. I can't recall having the same issue with any of the other model belts, just those ones.

Custom Search