PDA

View Full Version : C-3110, display light out...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
10-02-2022, 08:22 PM
I could have sworn I put a post up here about this issue, but maybe not.

I have several of these where the backlight (control panel) is out. Tried replacing the entire panel with a known, working (light) panel, but it didn't fix it.

Anyone have any other ideas? I looked through every setting in Admin mode to see if there was something that would turn off the light, but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance guys!
OC

Kenny
10-03-2022, 09:02 AM

I have several of these where the backlight (control panel) is out. Tried replacing the entire panel with a known, working (light) panel, but it didn't fix it.

Anyone have any other ideas? I looked through every setting in Admin mode to see if there was something that would turn off the light, but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance guys!
OC

most likely down to the SSD, i have also had this when the network cable is plugged in causing the display not to turn on

turned on without network cable and for some reason came on, then just plugged the network cable back in

Oystercopy
10-04-2022, 05:09 AM
Thanks for that Kenny... yeah, maybe the SSD, but I've tried with or without network cable; no difference.
OC

copier tech
10-04-2022, 07:47 AM

Thanks in advance guys!
OC

Awful machine especially now they are getting so old.

I would try the panel ribbon cable these often fail on this POS.

Oystercopy
10-04-2022, 10:58 PM
True copier tech... I know they're not a great machine, but they still fit that sweet spot for an all in one desktop, where customers want the features, but not the size.
So you've had a lot of those ribbon cables fail?
OC

rrrohan
10-05-2022, 12:52 AM
Just dull or totally blank?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Oystercopy
10-05-2022, 03:15 AM
Actually, some are just barely lit, while others have no backlight at all ..... strange
OC

copier tech
10-05-2022, 07:17 AM
Actually, some are just barely lit, while others have no backlight at all ..... strange
OC

If the panel is dim then most likely the ribbon cable.

If no display, you've tried a new panel & cable but the device still prints then most likely the MFP board.

Oystercopy
10-05-2022, 09:11 PM
Actually CT, I had only tried the panel, not the cable. But I'll try the cable next.
OC

Custom Search