PDA

View Full Version : Minolta Ep1085 S106 finisher

Custom Search

allalone
01-26-2009, 02:46 PM
I have a code from the inisher on a Minolta Ep 1085 I get a code C06-60 which I figure is a finisher code (can't find it in the manual I have) what is it exactlly and how do you fix it The finisher is a S106 if I unplug the finisher it goes away(Imagine that) when i plug it back in it instantly comes back

eg101
01-29-2009, 09:30 PM
I think you mean C0b60. Bin motor failure to turn.
Probably on a limit switch, turn the spiral shaft by hand till the bins are near centered and try it again. Also, check the interlock switch actuator, somtimes the actuator sticks and won't reset the code.

allalone
02-02-2009, 04:45 PM
you were right about the code my bad I'm not real familiar with these machines but any way i tried all of that and switch the 2 actuators on the side where the stapler goes and it still did the same thing strraight into the c0b-60 code any more ideas? I placed the trays so that neither of the swithches were tripped and still coded out they did not move at all could it be the motor locked up or just pulling to much voltage or something? appreciate the help

cobiray
02-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Are you resetting the code by opening and closing the finisher? If you are, check the display to make sure the display shows the finisher open when it is open. The actuators for the interlock switch are plastic and can get stuck in the closed position after a period of time. IIRC, the actuator and switch are on the front of the finisher. Remove the front panel where the stapler cartridge is replaced and check it out.

allalone
02-02-2009, 06:23 PM
the code will not reset that way and i have checked the plastic on the interlock it seems to operate fine the only way i have got the code to reset is to unplug the finisher then it goes away. and the red light comes on when the finisher is opened.

cobiray
02-02-2009, 06:40 PM
C0b60 - Faulty Bin movement (Defective Bin Moving Motor)

Check for anything in the bins (pens, paper clips, staple removers, etc.) and remove it. Check for binding or breakage in the drive gears for the bins. Rotate the motor by hand to verify movement. If everything checks out, you can check the board for the voltage to the motor.

Sounds like the motor might be shot.

allalone
02-02-2009, 07:02 PM
if i listen real careful sometimes i can here a faint electrical grrrrrr like the motoor is trying to move but it doesnt and i have cycled all the bins up and down a few times my hand and i have oiled the bi black spiral that the bins go into so thast would have to lead back to a faulty motor right? i haope so thsi has been a pain in the butt I just started with this company a couple of months ago and i have had to clean up behind the last tech who had only worked on copiers for about three months prior to me taking his position and its been a headache trying to undo the problems he left behind I really appreciste you help.

eg101
02-02-2009, 09:57 PM
If the motor is not turning the bins up and down then either there is a limit switch closed or the control board has failed. Look for open fuse on the control board ( behind the S/N label).

minoltaed
02-02-2009, 10:56 PM
When these where first in the field they had issues with the main board of the finisher try replacing it with another one if You have that option.

minoltaed
02-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Just remembered it was a eprom on that board I think.

Custom Search