PDA

View Full Version : 1051 C-2202

Custom Search

cmitch
10-12-2022, 07:52 PM
Got this code after finally getting in a new drum to install. Buttoned it all up and whamo, there it is. Things I've done:

1. Made sure developer unit doesn't have a bow on bottom plate binding roller. Seems to turn freely by hand.
2. Replaced developer drive motor. Old one had some bloated components so I figured that was it. Nope. Still have code.

I know what is probably next. Repair of PCRB. But I want to make sure I try everything first. I watch motor on start up and it does spin for about a second then codes out. Developer unit is relatively new at 300,000 + copies. Anything else I should try before disconnecting 400 harnesses and removing board for repair?
Thanks to all of you.

blackcat4866
10-12-2022, 10:26 PM
If it spins at start up you can rule out the ICP or probably the PRCB.

Most likely the developing unit is too difficult to turn, not reaching the correct rotation speed. It's also possible that the sheet that rides the bottom of the developing roller has flipped. Sorry to say, it's usually that tech that does it, by rotating the developing roller in the wrong direction during a developer change. You can slip a metal pocket ruler under the developing roller to see if there is resistance to sliding it in. If you cannot slide the ruler in, the sheet is flipped. The obvious clue is developer piled up below the developing roller, that cannot feed back in ... same as if the bottom of the developing unit was pressed in. I have successfully flipped back that sheet on a 1052, with great difficulty and patience. If you can get a replacement developing unit & developer, that's the preferred solution. =^..^=

cmitch
10-12-2022, 11:23 PM
If it spins at start up you can rule out the ICP or probably the PRCB.

Most likely the developing unit is too difficult to turn, not reaching the correct rotation speed. It's also possible that the sheet that rides the bottom of the developing roller has flipped. Sorry to say, it's usually that tech that does it, by rotating the developing roller in the wrong direction during a developer change. You can slip a metal pocket ruler under the developing roller to see if there is resistance to sliding it in. If you cannot slide the ruler in, the sheet is flipped. The obvious clue is developer piled up below the developing roller, that cannot feed back in ... same as if the bottom of the developing unit was pressed in. I have successfully flipped back that sheet on a 1052, with great difficulty and patience. If you can get a replacement developing unit & developer, that's the preferred solution. =^..^=
Thank you for your response. That makes a lot of sense. I’ll check that first thing in the morning.

cmitch
10-13-2022, 03:35 PM
I just removed all developer and reinstalled unit, started machine to get confirmation of motor direction. Counter clockwise as I suspected. It did not code out due to there being no developer to offer resistance against the most likely flipped blade. New unit and developer ordered. Should have it up and running middle of next week. Again, thank you for your response.

cmitch
10-19-2022, 01:48 PM
Thanks blackcat. Developer unit and developer replaced. Settings run, counters reset and printing well.

blackcat4866
10-19-2022, 02:10 PM
Congratulations on your success! Thanks for posting back. =^..^=

Custom Search