PDA

View Full Version : Hide counter button on Bizhub 8 Series

Custom Search

Konicatech
10-14-2022, 03:26 PM
Is it possible to hide the counter button on this machine?

Synthohol
10-14-2022, 05:43 PM
and never be able to enter service mode ever again?
it's a no for many reasons anyway.

tsbservice
10-14-2022, 06:20 PM
Is it possible to hide the counter button on this machine?
I'm interested what is the reason?

and never be able to enter service mode ever again?
it's a no for many reasons anyway.
Never ever? I don't think so and you know why.

BillyCarpenter
10-14-2022, 06:50 PM
I've very confused and also entertained by this subject matter. Looking forward to its logical conclusion.

allan
10-14-2022, 07:17 PM
U can try a sharpie....

copyman
10-14-2022, 07:28 PM
I'm curious like the other posters, Why?

techsxge
10-14-2022, 07:29 PM
I mean yeah its possible but there is no good reason for it?

Konicatech
10-14-2022, 07:58 PM
I'm aware it's a ridiculous question haha. Customer asked me today if it was possible, her exact words were "I only want copy & scan on the main screen"

I didn't know the answer because nobody has never asked me before and I've never personally thought about it myself.

As for the never getting in to service mode again, yes there are other ways. More than 1 way to skin a cat.

Thanks

Synthohol
10-14-2022, 08:09 PM
Never ever? I don't think so and you know why.
well, the regular way ;)
besides, its probably against some law here on this side of the great pond.

the only reason i can think to hide or change a meter would be for fraudulent/deceptive reasons.
i dont think i can be convinced otherwise.

tsbservice
10-14-2022, 08:16 PM
well, the regular way ;)
besides, its probably against some law here on this side of the great pond.

the only reason i can think to hide or change a meter would be for fraudulent/deceptive reasons.
i dont think i can be convinced otherwise.

I think OP question was to hide counter button from display. Not to hide/clear/reset counters.
As simple as that. You can always view counters in Page Scope(web connection) or other ways.
I have simple theory why this may be needed but let's author answer first.

Konicatech
10-14-2022, 08:23 PM
I think OP question was to hide counter button from display. Not to hide/clear/reset counters.
As simple as that. You can always view counters in Page Scope(web connection) or other ways.
I have simple theory why this may be needed but let's author answer first.

Hi

Yes only looking to see if it's possible to hide the counter button as I was asked by end user if this was possible and it makes no difference to us as a supplier anyway as we obtain readings remotely.

There is no hidden agenda, and makes no difference to us if there's is or is not a counter button on the display 😉

techsxge
10-14-2022, 08:34 PM
Wasnt there some sort of app on the bizhub marketplace that allowed you to drag 'n drop yourself your own menu? Chameleon or somethin like that i think

tsbservice
10-14-2022, 08:42 PM
Btw I also think counter button should NOT be hidden from display and also can't be hidden.
Stupid endusers caprices!

techsxge
10-14-2022, 10:28 PM
Btw I also think counter button should NOT be hidden from display and also can't be hidden.
Stupid endusers caprices!
While i think it should not be hidden, it can be hidden.

You're literally recieving the firmware with barely any encryption, it should not take a rookie long to crack the encryption and then bytepatch the button.... The one question that goes through my head even after the OP told us why he wants to do it: WHY

Synthohol
10-14-2022, 10:33 PM
if the request really came from the end user then the idiocracy runs deep in that office for sure.
probably has black tape over their cars odometer too.
poor chap.

BillyCarpenter
10-14-2022, 10:40 PM
Hi

Yes only looking to see if it's possible to hide the counter button as I was asked by end user if this was possible and it makes no difference to us as a supplier anyway as we obtain readings remotely.

There is no hidden agenda, and makes no difference to us if there's is or is not a counter button on the display 😉

I'm not really buying your explanation but I guess anything is possible. You should have told them no from the beginning. End of story.

tsbservice
10-14-2022, 11:00 PM
You should have told them no from the beginning. End of story.

True that. Plus it really cannot be hidden as far as I know.

copyman
10-15-2022, 01:18 AM
I believe the OP. I've had crazier requests from customer's. Now if they were asking how to change the counter that's a different story....

It looks like the customer wants a simple screen. Should be able to get just copy & scan on the screen but small counter tab will always be on top. It's so small and hardly noticeable.

Synthohol
10-15-2022, 03:45 AM
the craziest request i have had in a decade is he wanted me to show him how to do 2 sided OHP so he only needs half as much.
i just stared at him for an uncomfortable amount of time like a deer in headlights and then it hit him why that may not be ideal.

also, just set the screen to copy or scan by default instead of main menu.
out of sight out of mind.

techsxge
10-15-2022, 07:38 AM
the craziest request i have had in a decade is he wanted me to show him how to do 2 sided OHP so he only needs half as much.
i just stared at him for an uncomfortable amount of time like a deer in headlights and then it hit him why that may not be ideal.

also, just set the screen to copy or scan by default instead of main menu.
out of sight out of mind.
I have had a lot of stupid request already...
And the morw you think into it, the more you understand it even though you know they're stupid as fuck

blackcat4866
10-15-2022, 02:49 PM
I had a Lexmark customer once ... it was a $1999 special. The salesman did not want to be bothered with delivering it, so I got the pleasure. After setting up the driver & scanning, I did a demo. She wanted to know what every button did, in detail.

Now I've worked on a lot of machines over the years, but I think that you can understand that, there is no way to know every feature on every model of 8 brands of equipment. When I did not have satisfactory explanations of some of the buttons, she tells me she wants this button moved over here, that button moved over there, this one smaller, this one larger, this one gone ...

Naturally Lexmark writes unique firmware for enterprise customers, but it's certainly not anything that I can do, and certainly not for free on a $2K machine. Her response was that her husband writes firmware, and he does this all the time. He should have no problem doing it on the Lexmark then. =^..^=

Sysco
10-21-2022, 02:13 PM
Use a duck tape to hide the counter button on the screen.
Stupid user request make stupid resort.

Custom Search