PDA

View Full Version : C650i SNMP printing issue

Custom Search

Ceechtay
10-14-2022, 08:48 PM
We have a client who wants to change the SNMP default Community strings on a C650i. When they do this, it causes printing to slow a little (3-5 seconds slower before starting for each print). It prints fine when the SNMP strings are the defaults.

When they change the SNMP strings from the defaults (public/private), we update them on the driver. When we Wireshark the packets, the server does send the correct SNMP strings, but it still seems delayed. When we share that printer, weirdly, we get two SNMP requests to the copier: one from the client with the default SNMP strings, and one from the server with the correct , changed strings. We turned off the Auto update in the driver on both server and client and verified the correct, changed strings are in the client settings.

Is there any way to completely turn off SNMP with these drivers? I've tested Sharp and HP drivers and they do not start every print job with an SNMP query. And yes, the SNMP is unchecked in the Ports tab on all my tests. On the C650i, I can actually see the slowdown in the live packet capture as it hangs on SNMP queries before sending the actual print data.

Thanks for any help!

emujo2
10-14-2022, 09:02 PM
I believe you want to uncheck Bi directional communictions and SNMP status in under the ports tab, conversely, if you have made a change to the SNMP community name, did you update it under the ports tab as well?

tsbservice
10-14-2022, 09:09 PM
Try this:
In driver select Port tab and click Configure Port change the community name under [SNMP Status Enabled] and click [OK] at the bottom.
Select the [Configure] tab and click on the [Obtain Settings] button.
Leave [Auto] and [Device which Connect with Printer Port] selected and input the new community name.
Click OK, Apply, Ok.

Ceechtay
10-14-2022, 09:21 PM
We did update the string in the Ports tab, but we like to turn off the SNMP Status Enabled setting there. We also turn off Auto in the Configure->Obtain Settings box. We run it successfully once to get the device configuration and then turn it off. We did enter in the updated strings there as well.

We just want to turn off ALL SNMP traffic between the driver and the copier when printing. Every job with the KM driver starts with SNMP. I'm guessing that is hard-coded in.

zayonc
10-15-2022, 12:50 PM
as an option to use the mini ps driver from another model. There is a fun way to use the mini ps driver for any printer. The mini ps driver from bizhub PRO 1100 is installed and in the folder C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3\ the KO1100U.ppd file is replaced with the ppd of the desired printer with the name KO1100u.ppd. Reboot and enjoy. Mini driver starts printing faster than standard

emujo2
10-18-2022, 06:37 PM
The other thing I neglected to add...DO NOT use the KM installer app to add a printer..It adds the KM print experience and will be popping up all kinds of unnecessary print job info...E

zayonc
10-18-2022, 07:42 PM
The easiest way to make a minidriver for the required model. Take the minidriver from bizhub PRO 1100 and insert the ppd file from the desired model, renaming it to KO1100U.ppd

Ceechtay
10-26-2022, 03:39 PM
The easiest way to make a minidriver for the required model. Take the minidriver from bizhub PRO 1100 and insert the ppd file from the desired model, renaming it to KO1100U.ppd

This does work well. It eliminates the SNMP queries at the start of each print job allowing for faster printing.

I also found that the PCL6 Common Driver from KM also works well and doesn't use SNMP queries.

Thanks for your help!

Custom Search