PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C550i restarts on logo screnn

Custom Search

nevern
10-18-2022, 12:56 PM
Hi all.

I have a bizhub C550i that does not boot up. It displays the logo and the loading bar goes to 25% and restarts. I tried to boot up with firmware but it does the same thing. I have changed the CPU board and tried another Storage board.

Max
10-18-2022, 01:20 PM
Try disconnecting all the options. (fax, trays, DF and so on) Then the control panel and main board (Baseboard (BASEB) Format the storage and initialise all in the service menu.

tsbservice
10-18-2022, 02:44 PM
Hi all.

I have a bizhub C550i that does not boot up. It displays the logo and the loading bar goes to 25% and restarts. I tried to boot up with firmware but it does the same thing. I have changed the CPU board and tried another Storage board.
You should update Firmware with correct version(for machine with or without A800 memory). Try many times (5-6 at least). If you still can't boot machine run diagnosis and recovery tool for bootup issue for this model. The problem is with firmware I think.

copier addict
10-18-2022, 06:49 PM
Hi all.

I have seen this symptom on a couple i series machines and it ended being a faulty storage board.

tsbservice
10-18-2022, 08:02 PM
I have seen this symptom on a couple i series machines and it ended being a faulty storage board.

This is similar but not the same problem. He changed storage board. I suspect another KM bitter failure.
Author, do you have fuzzy/blurred/double display at some point?

Woxner
10-18-2022, 08:55 PM
was the storage board new or used. You cant use a storage Board from another machine. serial , meter. and firmware are stored on these. its not like the old HDD.

tsbservice
10-18-2022, 09:26 PM
In fact you will get an errors but after machine boots.

Synthohol
10-19-2022, 04:16 AM
i would run the GXX diagnostic/recovery fw TOOL
it should help.
if you boot holding down the yellow button in the back of panel it should go into trouble reset mode and see if you can access the trouble counter to see what code.

Gift
10-19-2022, 07:16 AM
was the storage board new or used. You cant use a storage Board from another machine. serial , meter. and firmware are stored on these. its not like the old HDD.

Yeah "Another" storage board sounds like it had a history. I currently have 5 storage boards with 25% boot issue in my drawer waiting for a fix to revive them, unfortunately the only way to fix it is using the reset tool but with that method you'll loose everything including counter data.

tsbservice
10-19-2022, 07:47 AM
Yeah "Another" storage board sounds like it had a history. I currently have 5 storage boards with 25% boot issue in my drawer waiting for a fix to revive them, unfortunately the only way to fix it is using the reset tool but with that method you'll loose everything including counter data.
can't You put them in brand ne machine and use reset tool?

rrrohan
10-19-2022, 08:46 AM
do u have the long nvme drive or the short one? u want the short one cause know issues with the longer/old type

Gift
10-19-2022, 09:23 AM
can't You put them in brand ne machine and use reset tool?

Haven't thought about but it sounds like a promising good idea. Guess the workflow should look like this:

- Run reset tool on new MFP with used/faulty STRB from my collection / don't reboot
- Remove storage board

Guess I can try that and before fixing the other STRB with that procedure I should test the "resettet" one on a used C300i.

tsbservice
10-19-2022, 11:50 AM
Haven't thought about but it sounds like a promising good idea. Guess the workflow should look like this:

- Run reset tool on new MFP with used/faulty STRB from my collection / don't reboot
- Remove storage board

Guess I can try that and before fixing the other STRB with that procedure I should test the "resettet" one on a used C300i.

I would do it exactly like that.
Let us know if it works for you.

Gift
10-19-2022, 11:59 AM
I would do it exactly like that.
Let us know if it works for you.

will do, might take some time though but I've taken my "bad storage board collection" out of the drawer and on to my desk as a reminder :p

garnerfor
11-15-2022, 10:26 AM
i would run the GXX diagnostic/recovery fw TOOL

garnerfor
11-22-2022, 12:33 PM
You cant use a storage Board from another machine. serial , meter. and firmware are stored on these. its not like the old HDD. forpc.onl (https://forpc.onl) minecraft pocket edition pc (https://forpc.onl/minecraft-pocket-edition-download-for-pc/)

Custom Search