PDA

View Full Version : KONICA IP-602 slow printing

Custom Search

wwandrei
01-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Hello. I have a KONICA DP 85 printer with IP-602 controller. Bellow are the firmwares and softwares that are installed on the controller. I must say it`s a clean install of the software on this controller:
IP FW Vers: 26.4.0
NIC FW Vers: 6.29
VxWorks: 5.4.2
Sys Vers: 26.4.0
IP PCL Vers: 6.0.21
IP PS Vers: 6.1.1
The problem is that the IP-602 prints very slow any kind of documents but especially pdf files. I must say i`ve tried all type of drivers I could find on konicaminolta website, also tried it on different Operating Systems (XP, Vista, 2003 server), I did all the possible combinations from driver but still works very slow(the transfer of the document is about 64kb/3 sec ... very slowww). The network is tested and works fine.
The controller has 384 MB ram and 2GB HDD(I put additional RAM to see if that was the problem but didn`t solved anything).
FW 26.4.0 for IP-602 is the latest and the only fw I could get and it was installed with 13 floppy disks.
Did anyone meet this problem? Can u help me with any suggestions?

wwandrei
01-27-2009, 09:46 AM
I wolud like this thread to be colsed. The problem has been solved. Resolution: for this controller there is a firmware that involves 13 floppy disks. After u install those disks u must also install the update disks (3 floppy). After installing the update today it prints like crazy. If anyone has this problem I can help by providing software and additional informations.

pepper38_cnd
01-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Here are the current version levels for the IP-602 for reference only. I am not suggesting you make any changes since it is working fine for you now. If you would like the full firmware release notes just send me a PM.

wwandrei
01-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Here are the current version levels for the IP-602 for reference only. I am not suggesting you make any changes since it is working fine for you now. If you would like the full firmware release notes just send me a PM.

Thank you Pepper for your information and yes I do not intend to change anything to it now `cause it works just fine. Anyway i`ll pm you if i`ll have problems with this fw.

omg move
08-11-2011, 08:29 PM
I have the exact same problem with mine. It is a konica minolta 7085 IP602 controller and is extremely slow. I would love some more info on the firmware update and where can I find it. Or what other solutions I should try. At first I thought it was the RAM (64mb installed only) but I read here and I am not sure what to think. FW version 26.4. An I also have trouble finding a driver for windows 7 64 bit. Any help is greatly apreicated. Thank you. :)

katena
09-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Hello there Pepper,

I have the same problem with my machine. The firmware version is 6.1.0. Can you provide me the firmware for the controller.
I think that any version later than mine will work better, so any firmware that you have for this machine (IP-602) will do better.
My email address where you can send me the files is izo_katena(at)yahoo(dot).
Thanks a lot!

darkog
10-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Hello all !

My Konica DP 85 is very slow printing after fresh system instalation.
Does anybody has update firmware for my IP602 ?

Please send to my pm or following e-mail : goljadarko@yahoo.com

Custom Search