PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C558 more issues after transfer belt change

Custom Search

techsxge
10-19-2022, 02:59 PM
Hi guys i need some help asap.

i had an C558 where there was a red line on color prints. No bid deal just switched out the mgenta drum unit because it reached life twice.
While i was at it, i did a all around check on the machine and saw that the transfer belt was damaged but nothing critical. Had a brand new one in the workshop so i grabed it and placed it in the machine. I made sure to test it in the workshop ofcourse.
Everything worked well at the customer. When i came back to my workshop, the assistant told me that the customer called us because since i left there are now loud sqeaiking noises (like from a mouse), streaks on the paper and yellow toner (I guess in a straight line again but customer did not specified that.).
I am going to switch back to the old transfer belt tomorrow but i am not happy with keeping that one running and neither is the customer realy. I am also confused what could create the Noise exactly as in my workshop machines it worked perfectly fine

tech51
10-19-2022, 06:36 PM
Without seeing or hearing anything I would take a wild guess an say the cleaning blade has flipped. I tend to run a few sky shots when I fit them just to lube the blade as I’ve seen belts tear just after fitting when the blade sticks to the belt.

tsbservice
10-19-2022, 06:44 PM
Without seeing or hearing anything I would take a wild guess an say the cleaning blade has flipped. I tend to run a few sky shots when I fit them just to lube the blade as I’ve seen belts tear just after fitting when the blade sticks to the belt.
+1 to this. Also check that something isn't blocking waste section from discharging.

tulintron
10-19-2022, 07:37 PM
Without seeing or hearing anything I would take a wild guess an say the cleaning blade has flipped. I tend to run a few sky shots when I fit them just to lube the blade as I’ve seen belts tear just after fitting when the blade sticks to the belt.+1

techsxge
10-20-2022, 07:09 AM
thanks for the replies, i'll be on site in an hour or two and post my results... I have some bad feelings about this

techsxge
10-21-2022, 08:45 AM
Ok so i was able to solve everything yesterday...

I was on site and checked the transfer belt. No problems found there. I checked the yellow drum unit and it was just worn out by time so i switched it and the yellow streaks went away. Then i got a light blue shadow in the background. turned out it was the cyan developer... I then refilled the developer and print looked good.
Just before i was qabout to leave i needed to print out the counters for my paperwork and i noticed black dots on the bottom of the page.
Checked the black drum unit and replaxced that one too. Then i printed another 250 pages of all colors just to be sure that i do not need to return the very next day. Found no more Problems.

Kind of thinking that a paper clip or something went through the machine? I'll go through the replaced drum units, the transfer belt and the waste toner box if i can find something today. Would realy like to send the customer a bill given how they often manage to mess up stuff.

Sysco
10-21-2022, 01:40 PM
" the mgenta drum unit because it reached life twice. "

How many count was in the mg drum unit?
I never see much more in the 313 drum unit then 120k never in the china and the malay version too.
Maybee the new france is going to higher but I not tested too much this new version drum unit.

techsxge
10-21-2022, 07:13 PM
" the mgenta drum unit because it reached life twice. "

How many count was in the mg drum unit?
I never see much more in the 313 drum unit then 120k never in the china and the malay version too.
Maybee the new france is going to higher but I not tested too much this new version drum unit.

The Magenta Drum Unit reached 194k, yellow and cyan similiar numbers
Usually the drum units i have last between 90k-140k depending on how frequently the customer prints. Starting "cold" with 10 pages will cause more wear than having a "hot" machine where the customer prints every 30 seconds to 1 minute larger amounts of papers.

Sysco
11-03-2022, 01:14 PM
The Magenta Drum Unit reached 194k, yellow and cyan similiar numbers
Usually the drum units i have last between 90k-140k depending on how frequently the customer prints. Starting "cold" with 10 pages will cause more wear than having a "hot" machine where the customer prints every 30 seconds to 1 minute larger amounts of papers.

194K whooo nice number.

Custom Search