PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C1060 with C-3501 error code

Custom Search

lancevernon
10-21-2022, 09:58 PM
Can't seem to find the problem of the C-3501 code. When doing the code reset it comes back. I have replaced TH1 sensor to no avail. Replaced TH2 sensor also nothing. Checked continuity on upper and lower heat lamps and they ohm out good. What am I missing or where to look next?

Thanks
Lance

blackcat4866
10-21-2022, 10:45 PM
Check the modular connectors for paper smashed inside or cracks as a result of slamming. Also check the wire harness for continuity.

Another reason that you can get C3501 errors is that there is uneven heating of the fuser roller. That can happen if:

*the rear gear 38T is not spinning:
---gear split
---gear alignment post clipped off
---the gear is completely gone
*uneven fixing pressure
---frame shoulder screws replaced with regular M4 screws
---bearings incorrectly positioned in the holders
---heat bushings cracked or split or missing

Let us know what you find. =^..^=

lancevernon
10-24-2022, 03:01 PM
Thanks Blackcat4866. I have checked the continuity also through the blue modular connectors and it was good. I did notice the green handle that turns the fusing rollers was skipping spinning. I will get back into it this morning and see if this has any problems I can spot. I will let you know what I find. The 38T gear was replaced within the last month or two and a chunk was broke off, maybe 1/4 of the gear. Never seen a gear break like that, usually just the teeth broke/sheared off. The high temp error pops before the fuser even has time to heat up.
Did check the bearings/bushings to see if they were loose or fell out of frame. They were good but will investigate them further also.

Thanks
Lance

Check the modular connectors for paper smashed inside or cracks as a result of slamming. Also check the wire harness for continuity.

Another reason that you can get C3501 errors is that there is uneven heating of the fuser roller. That can happen if:

*the rear gear 38T is not spinning:
---gear split
---gear alignment post clipped off
---the gear is completely gone
*uneven fixing pressure
---frame shoulder screws replaced with regular M4 screws
---bearings incorrectly positioned in the holders
---heat bushings cracked or split or missing

Let us know what you find. =^..^=

lancevernon
10-24-2022, 05:29 PM
Thanks again Blackcat4866. I was able to fix the error C3501 with your knowledge. ;)
The bracket holding the gear above the 38T gear was bent a little. Causing the "upper fusing roller belt unit" gear to skip and not turn. Straighten out the bracket and the gears mess well and all is good with this error code C3501.

Lance

blackcat4866
10-24-2022, 10:07 PM
Congratulations on your success. Keep an eye out for damage to that drive gear 27T (inside the bracket you are describing). It will eventually fail too. =^..^=

Custom Search