PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C759 - Copy User Box contents to another Machine

Custom Search

thendral
10-24-2022, 05:26 AM
Hello everyone,

I came across this challenge of copying user box contents to another machine.
Except downloading 100s of files individually, is there a way I can copy user boxes and contents from one C759 to another C759.
I know I can use HDD backup utility to backup entire machine, but I need to be selectively copy contents of the boxes not the entire HDD that will overwrite existing contents.
I tried with Box Operator, but it is not pulling any data as the files were printed to user boxes for easy printing from the machine control panel.
Any help here is appreciated.

Thank you
Thendral.

Techlife
10-24-2022, 05:29 AM
Tried the external memory (usb)import/export?
Enable by software switch 72 hex 04
I use this and it copies address book, not sure about user box data tho

pickle8486
10-24-2022, 12:37 PM
Copying the contents inside of a user box is not possible as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

emujo2
10-24-2022, 07:45 PM
PSWC user/Box
open the box and select each doc you want. You can download to PC or TX (email)..In a pinch you could print them all and scan them to the new machine..I tell all of my customers to only keep in the user boxes docs they could easily find again due to HDD failures. E

tsbservice
10-24-2022, 07:56 PM
Although user boxes may be actually useful I strongly advise users against using them if possible. Not ideal to keep your important docs on machine HDD. Box operator is buggy, slow and discontinued program least to say.

thendral
10-25-2022, 03:15 AM
Tried the external memory (usb)import/export?
Enable by software switch 72 hex 04
I use this and it copies address book, not sure about user box data tho

I tried it is not exporting the contents. May be I am missing something?

thendral
10-25-2022, 03:26 AM
Although user boxes may be actually useful I strongly advise users against using them if possible. Not ideal to keep your important docs on machine HDD. Box operator is buggy, slow and discontinued program least to say.

I understand. Client wants to keep the printable copies at the printer eliminating need for any devices for documents to be printed.
I am not sure any other method allows the docs to be in the printer so user can print using the control panel.

thendral
10-25-2022, 03:28 AM
PSWC user/Box
open the box and select each doc you want. You can download to PC or TX (email)..In a pinch you could print them all and scan them to the new machine..I tell all of my customers to only keep in the user boxes docs they could easily find again due to HDD failures. E

About 1000 docs to be transferred.

Kenny
10-25-2022, 08:51 AM
ive only been able to extract the documents inside of the user boxes not the user box it self,

you can export the documents via USB, create a new user box on the new machine then import it that way, the only issue i have with this is that the print driver settings didn't transfer across so customer just had to re send all the documents to the user box,

sorry its not much help. seems konica should really create an actual way to do this as ive seen so many people ask it!

Synthohol
10-25-2022, 01:09 PM
isnt there a HDD backup utility?
Utility Software Download - Result | KONICA MINOLTA (https://www.btapac.konicaminolta.com/utilities/download.html?pid=2850)

emujo2
10-25-2022, 01:30 PM
About 1000 docs to be transferred.
Teach the customer how to do this, then either bill them for your time or say call me back when you're done.

thendral
10-25-2022, 02:43 PM
isnt there a HDD backup utility?
Utility Software Download - Result | KONICA MINOLTA (https://www.btapac.konicaminolta.com/utilities/download.html?pid=2850)

Yes but it is all or nothing. If you need to preserve some of the boxes you can't.

thendral
10-25-2022, 02:48 PM
Teach the customer how to do this, then either bill them for your time or say call me back when you're done.

The customer know how to do it.. when we switch out the machines for new lease it is one of the requirement customer put forth. So Yes I can ask in the expense of some discounts if the company is willing to do it.. Aargh.. it always boils down to time and money.. As a tech we know it can be easily done not sure why Konica Minolta does not realize that..

emujo2
10-25-2022, 03:52 PM
Well, if you have promised to do this as part of the install, then you have to do what you have to do. The only other thing I would mention, PSES may be able to work with the HDD user boxes. The free basic management module available through the KM site. Maybe you might download the PDF and see what can be done with boxes. E

thendral
10-25-2022, 06:49 PM
Well, if you have promised to do this as part of the install, then you have to do what you have to do. The only other thing I would mention, PSES may be able to work with the HDD user boxes. The free basic management module available through the KM site. Maybe you might download the PDF and see what can be done with boxes. E

Thanks. I never explored Konica Minolta PageScope Enterprise Suite. Let me see if that can help in getting the contents across.

tech51
10-25-2022, 08:04 PM
The customer know how to do it.. when we switch out the machines for new lease it is one of the requirement customer put forth. So Yes I can ask in the expense of some discounts if the company is willing to do it.. Aargh.. it always boils down to time and money.. As a tech we know it can be easily done not sure why Konica Minolta does not realize that..
I would imagine KM are fully aware of this. Its a security risk if the boxes are easily accessed or hacked in some way. Besides as Emujo said a copier is a copier, not a storage device. The customer risks a lot by storing documents on a device that isn’t backed up.

tech51
10-25-2022, 08:20 PM
I’d put the docs on a flash drive in folders and teach them how to print and save from there. That would save a shedload of hassle in the future!

Synthohol
10-25-2022, 09:40 PM
Backing up files in a User Box (https://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/bizhubC360iSection508/contents/id08-_104516716.html)

maybe this would help?

thendral
10-26-2022, 06:13 AM
Backing up files in a User Box (https://kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/bizhubC360iSection508/contents/id08-_104516716.html)

maybe this would help?

There is no option on C759 -- may be I am missing some software switch?

Thanks
Thendral

dirtyfingers
10-26-2022, 10:19 AM
I have been asked this many times over the years and NOT found a suitable method
I agree its down to security , but its a common customer request.

The problem with user boxes is the document is saved with all the printer driver settings (paper type & tray)
this means even if you move the PDF , the paper settings and instructions dont go with them (EG booklets saved in a User box)

possible workarounds
On older models with a HDD we could move the HHD from the old machine and install it on the new one.
this would often work for basic User boxes and you would only need to reinstall the movie data and address book (easy stuff)

Note- I have not tired this on a C759

HDD backup utility could only back up and restore to the same device.
I suppose you could try the backup one C759 and then change the serial number in service mode - import to the new C759, then change it back (it may work)

note SW 72 to hex04 is for USB backup for address book /network /admin (not user boxes)

thendral
10-26-2022, 10:44 PM
I have been asked this many times over the years and NOT found a suitable method
I agree its down to security , but its a common customer request.

The problem with user boxes is the document is saved with all the printer driver settings (paper type & tray)
this means even if you move the PDF , the paper settings and instructions dont go with them (EG booklets saved in a User box)

possible workarounds
On older models with a HDD we could move the HHD from the old machine and install it on the new one.
this would often work for basic User boxes and you would only need to reinstall the movie data and address book (easy stuff)

Note- I have not tired this on a C759

HDD backup utility could only back up and restore to the same device.
I suppose you could try the backup one C759 and then change the serial number in service mode - import to the new C759, then change it back (it may work)

note SW 72 to hex04 is for USB backup for address book /network /admin (not user boxes)
Thank you! You put it right perspective of my frustration! I am still looking for options.. Let's see..

Custom Search